Home

Tackling: Any different, 2009 vs. 2010?

This is a discussion on Tackling: Any different, 2009 vs. 2010? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2009, 10:13 AM   #1
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Tackling: Any different, 2009 vs. 2010?

I've reviewed some of the gameplay impressions on this board, and watched many of the "camcorder" videos of actual gameplay from E3 for both Madden 10 and NCAA 10. Overall, I think the videos have looked pretty decent, although I'm not seeing much of a difference graphically in NCAA 10 at all.

One thing I am concerned about is tackling, especially because I'm excited about Madden's new Pro-Tak feature, and it looks (to me) like they have gotten it right for the most part, and that it isn't overdone.

Does NCAA 10 have any improvements to branch tackling or are we still stuck with the same pre-canned animations? People complain the physics of EA football games, and I think that's fair. But even with poor physics, the game could still be significantly more fun if you actually had control of what happens during tackles. I want to feel like I can fight out of some tackles, and have my players STR or BTK rating have some impact on that. Also, I want to feel like I'm less likely to emerge from a group of 2 or 3 tacklers than I am if only 1 guy grapples me.

Any improvement in that regard, from what we've seen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #2
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Tackling: Any different, 2009 vs. 2010?

I don't think they changed anything!!! This game looks to be the exact same as last years!!! Other than Teambuilder aka Create a Team....there is almost nothing new!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 12:51 PM   #3
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9

Not really, they have added the break tackle engine from madden that will help with running, but the actual tackling engine has not changed much. They added a good bit of new tackling animations, but they are not the same as pro-trak. Hope that answers your question.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

As far as the tackling is concerned I have seen almost nothing new whatsoever. They say there are 1000 new animations, uh...where are these exactly?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Cvhsalumni's Arena

OVR: 6

For some reason I thought we were getting some of the Madden 09 engine where you were able to break out of tackles. Maybe that was assumed and then revealed as incorrect? I am not 100% sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #6
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvhsalumni
For some reason I thought we were getting some of the Madden 09 engine where you were able to break out of tackles. Maybe that was assumed and then revealed as incorrect? I am not 100% sure.
Yeah who knows, has anyone seen evidence of this madden engine?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #7
Rookie

kkman187's Arena

OVR: 9

The madden break tackle engine is definately in. It has been confirmed several times by community guys and EA devs. You can see it in many off the video. The Florida vs. Utah State shows Tebow trying to break through a tackle usin the engine. Now to what extent, I cannot be sure, but we will find out on Thursday.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:29 PM   #8
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

The graphics are the same as 09 its already been stated that they are!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »