Home

Non-HD, smaller TV users left behind?

This is a discussion on Non-HD, smaller TV users left behind? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2009, 11:28 AM   #25
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Non-HD, smaller TV users left behind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
So you don't have money lying around for a cheap lcd hd monitor but you have money for games....that's the worst excuse I ever heard

Like I said if you can't afford an hd lcd monitor which can go for under 100 dollars then don't complain about video games not catering to tube tv's

I got plenty of bills and rent to pay but I can save a little to buy a cheap widescreen monitor for under 100

But you can spend 60 easily on a game right
Ok i buy maybe a couple of games a year, and i dont pay 60 for the games, my roomate my freshman year in college works at a gamestop, and he hooks me up for like half the price, then i usualy keep only one or two games at a time, the others i sell back for the extra cash. And 2nd im not gonna buy a monitor, my tv is perfectly fine. Sure its not hd or whatever but i dont care, it does the job. You say buy a monitor but most actual hd tvs are in the hundreds of dollars, for a good one that wont crap out on you in a short period of time. And thats money that could be used on something more useful, especially seeing as how my gf just got laid off, so my job is the only income we have. So an hd tv is something i just dont have to have. Oh and check what i said, i said nothing about games catering or not catering to non hd tv's cause i could care less about that, so therefore i was def not complaining about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 11:31 AM   #26
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
So you don't have money lying around for a cheap lcd hd monitor but you have money for games....that's the worst excuse I ever heard

Like I said if you can't afford an hd lcd monitor which can go for under 100 dollars then don't complain about video games not catering to tube tv's

I got plenty of bills and rent to pay but I can save a little to buy a cheap widescreen monitor for under 100

But you can spend 60 easily on a game right
Everyone is not you man. People live on different incomes and have different responsibilities. Some things aren't top priority to some people.

If you need to choose between HDTV or Groceries,Car note,insurance, mortgage..Which would you save money for the most?

Everyone isn't Ted Dibiase like you.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:11 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 9

im playing on a 32 lcd, but i dont think it necessarily has anything to do with the size of the tv. i think its the angle and how fast the ball gets there that makes it harder to judge, the bullet pass seems to be faster than ncaa 09.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:46 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
lol. I wish i could. A HD world is a better world.

I know widescreen tv's are rather pricy. Actually they're pretty good prices these days.

Widescreen TV is worth it. HD. Digital TV. Well. I spend half my day watchin tv so yeah lol.
HD tvs are def worth it, Ebay, craigslist, and pawn shops could have really good deals
Old 06-19-2009, 12:49 PM   #29
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

If DS TVs are being left behind, it's because SD TV owners are staying behind.

I hate to be like that, I have children, I have more expenses than I have income, but we can't ask media producers to wait for us to catch up if we stay behind.

I just got 2 HDs this year, couldn't afford them before. I can afford them now because I put aside the money, and while saving, the price went down. So I was able to take the money I was saving for a single HD and buy a 42" and a 27" for my computer desk.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

Last edited by adembroski; 06-19-2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:58 PM   #30
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

If you're poor to the point of "groceries or TV" maybe you shouldn't be paying for internet access and buying games.

Just a thought.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:07 PM   #31
Rookie

tyler741's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
I'd be pissed if they were still catering the game to OLD CRT MONITORS. No offense guys but you need to buy a new widescreen TV....
sweet. send me some money, i'd be more than happy to oblige
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #32
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

Now we are comparing groceries and putting food on the table for babies next to getting a cheap hd monitor or tv

Sorry I don't buy it...I call it cheap and wanting to get the same treatment from the video game world as those who spent on hdtv

Is like ps3 fans getting upset at 360 owners for getting things like demos or other things first or at all...well 360 owners pay for xbox live and ps3 is free...you get what u pay for or don't pay for

Nobody here is saying to get a 2000 dollar tv

But I don't have tons of money and I saved little by little to get a tv

Now I walk to cosco or sam's club and I see monitors or hdtv's for under 200 or even under 100 for lcd monitors

But you want to tell me that u got toilet paper and food to buy and rent to pay therefore 90 bucks for a nice widescreen monitor will make you go collect wellfare...come on

If u are that cheap then raise the money by selling old junk or washing cars...in a day u will have the money for a cheap lcd

Like I said enuff with the groceries talk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »