Home

NCAA Feeling More and More Like Legacy Gen?

This is a discussion on NCAA Feeling More and More Like Legacy Gen? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20
NCAA Feeling More and More Like Legacy Gen?

10 is really starting to feel like the PS2 iterations due to the fluidity of the engine (slower gamespeed and constant 60fps). They even took it a step further and moved the swat/strip back to L1 PS3 giving it even a more legacy style feel. I am concerned how this will work on 360 though.

I know that Madden will be superior, but between these two games... it's starting to feel as this will be the best these games (EA ball) have to offer. That is disapointing. I know NCAA is missing presentation, but the on the field game isn't bad. It is just and will never be on the level of that "other" game. What I have to ask myself now is will EA Ball ever be good enough?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA Feeling More and More Like Legacy Gen?

Some of the controls will take some time to get used to.

But it is the closest thing to the feeling I got playing NCAA 06 on the original Xbox.

Can EA build a better game. Of course they can, but this is heading in the right direction.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:07 AM   #3
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

The anger and outrage, by many, stems from the fact Madden has all of the better innovations/changes and they won't be in NCAA until next year. I am in the camp make the base game play like madden, but I know they won't because EA knows a small percentage would use Teambuilder to create the NFL team they like and forgo Madden; instead of buying both. I will probably do just that: buy Madden because of the game play and presentation and buy NCAA because I am a die hard Arkansas fan.

The roster issue has many ticked, and rightfully so, but I can change it if I have to.

The slider issue is what I, and many others, don't understand. How can you have broken sliders, fix them, and then have a broken set again?

Despite that, I am lucky enough to have DSL to download the rosters and patch(es?). I will buy the game because of the apparent improvements on the demo, C-A-S, and custom conferences. NCAA 10 looks like a good game, but Madden is the floodlight shining down on NCAA candle.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:00 PM   #4
MVP

cdon2k's Arena

OVR: 20

I look at some of the work they've done to the gameplay and it seems good. I love that they fixed the pursuit angles although one could argue that they shouldn't have been broken in the first place. I am suprised that EA didn't get passing where it needs to be as this is the game's most obvious fault. As many have said, I am still only seeing two types of passes. Let me stop this rant right here and give a solution:

HAVE THE TRIGGERS AS MODIFIERS TO THE PASS BUTTONS!?! That would lead to tons of compbinations (hold R2 and tap button, hold R2 and hold button.... c'mon guys... it's not that hard.

Ok, back to rant: I am really happy that they worked on gameplay first, but they left a few things out. My question still remains, if '10 is the pinnacle of "Madden Ball" will it be good enough to leave that other company behind?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »