Home

NCAA 10 vs 09 Video

This is a discussion on NCAA 10 vs 09 Video within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2009, 02:58 PM   #25
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA 10 vs 09 Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Just a couple differences I have noticed between NCAA 09 and the NCAA 10 demo.

1. The Press on defense actually works.

2. WR's need a couple steps off the LOS to get up to full speed.

3. INT's aren't a guaranteed touchdowns anymore because....

4. Pursuit Angles! This definitely is enough of an improvement to make NCAA 10 better than NCAA 09.

5. The Defense actually plays defense. It's not as Wide Open as last year.

6. The CPU makes adjustments on Offense and Defense as the game goes on even in the NCAA 10 demo.

7. On Heisman you can't just run around with the QB behind the LOS without penalty anymore. The DE's will keep you in the pocket.
I agree with you on all counts.

NCAA 09 is better than the NCAA 10 demo in only three ways:

* Player responsiveness. Players are more fluid and respond well (maybe a little too well) to left-stick and right-stick moves.

* The left-stick shimmy/stutter step. I miss it.

* The gameplay camera.

Otherwise, NCAA 10 looks like a much superior game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 02:58 PM   #26
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
Just a couple differences I have noticed between NCAA 09 and the NCAA 10 demo.

1. The Press on defense actually works.

2. WR's need a couple steps off the LOS to get up to full speed.

3. INT's aren't a guaranteed touchdowns anymore because....

4. Pursuit Angles! This definitely is enough of an improvement to make NCAA 10 better than NCAA 09.

5. The Defense actually plays defense. It's not as Wide Open as last year.

6. The CPU makes adjustments on Offense and Defense as the game goes on even in the NCAA 10 demo.

7. On Heisman you can't just run around with the QB behind the LOS without penalty anymore. The DE's will keep you in the pocket.
IF you are talking bout the press are bump and run. Know it does not work. The bump and run is making the AI throw way to fast after the snap of the ball. Plus the INT fest is once again the theme for this year. BTW you say it is hard to run back a INT. No it ain't. In one demo game I INT 2 times and ran them back for TD. So those things are really still messed up that needs to be addressed be the ncaa DEV team soon. The defense does not make many adjustments Because everytime I choose 3 wide my slot reciever is most of the time left alone and he is always open for a easy catch in the middle of the field. There some major issues that AI has on both sides of the ball that really needs to be addressed very soon for this game to be a decent success this year.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:00 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I hear ya, but the game has two pretty glaring issue at the moment, a Roster issue and a slider issue. Also we had to wait for a patch for the sliders last year, when these two issues should be working out of the gate.
so that's pretty good that the two glaring issues should be resolved on or very close to release. not trying to make excuses for NCAA, but if those are the two biggest issues then at least they're looking to fix them right?
Old 06-21-2009, 03:03 PM   #28
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
I hear ya, but the game has two pretty glaring issue at the moment, a Roster issue and a slider issue. Also we had to wait for a patch for the sliders last year, when these two issues should be working out of the gate.
I could care less about rosters because someone is going to make a very good roster set and I don't play Ranked Online games so it doesn't effect me.

The slider issue sucks but hopefully the patch fixes it. If not I can deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
IF you are talking bout the press are bump and run. Know it does not work. The bump and run is making the AI throw way to fast after the snap of the ball. Plus the INT fest is once again the theme for this year. BTW you say it is hard to run back a INT. No it ain't. In one demo game I INT 2 times and ran them back for TD. So those things are really still messed up that needs to be addressed be the ncaa DEV team soon. The defense does not make many adjustments Because everytime I choose 3 wide my slot reciever is most of the time left alone and he is always open for a easy catch in the middle of the field. There some major issues that AI has on both sides of the ball that really needs to be addressed very soon for this game to be a decent success this year.
I have returned interceptions for touchdowns too, but they aren't automatic like they were in NCAA 09. I also haven't gotten nearly as many INT's in the demo that I got while playing NCAA 09. In NCAA 09 I could guarantee you 5-6 INT's for my defense each game, in the demo I am lucky to get one per 8 minute game. Now maybe the small sample size has something to do with this, but I see the QB making a lot better decisions with the ball.

By press I mean press, not bump and run. The bump and run is broken like you have stated, but select the Cover 2 Man Press out of Nickel and they actually defend the inside of the receiver which works against slants. Now it doesn't work every time, but it shouldn't.

I really think the NCAA 10 Demo is a solid improvement over NCAA 09. It's not the football simulation I want it to be, but it should be a solid and very fun video game and will keep my interest until next July.

Last edited by mmorg; 06-21-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #29
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
so that's pretty good that the two glaring issues should be resolved on or very close to release. not trying to make excuses for NCAA, but if those are the two biggest issues then at least they're looking to fix them right?
If they announce that the fixes will be available on release day, then that would be great, but if they say we have to wait a few weeks then that just unprofessional. In the end, I just don;t see anything in 10 that makes it better then 09, team builder is not even worth my time. Other then that, feel free to list the reason why 10 is better the 09. At least you were able to say a new game with an updated roster, but EA even got that wrong this year...LOL
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 06-21-2009, 03:09 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 29

I don't think it's necessary to list the reasons why 10 is greater than 09 I think people should play a quick game of 09 and then immediately play the new demo. If at that point the differences aren't plainly evident to you than there's nothing I can say on here to convince you otherwise.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #31
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
I don't think it's necessary to list the reasons why 10 is greater than 09 I think people should play a quick game of 09 and then immediately play the new demo. If at that point the differences aren't plainly evident to you than there's nothing I can say on here to convince you otherwise.
I owned 09 last year, played the 10 demo like 10 times already, and the only different I see is the graphics in 10 look like they took a step back overall.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 03:36 PM   #32
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
I don't think you get a true feel for how a game plays by just watching videos. I played 09 right before playing the new demo and I feel a huge difference.
I played a couple of games right before the demo hit and I didn't feel much of a difference at all when talking about the speed of the players. And I think the video shows when watching the kickoff return up the field that the speed of the two games are virtually identical.

Let me be clear. I'm not saying there aren't changes to the AI in this game. No way can you tell that from a video under two minutes. But from a speed of the game standpoint, I think those that were claiming a significant difference were wrong imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »