Home

What's Wrong With NCAA 05?

This is a discussion on What's Wrong With NCAA 05? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: What's Wrong With NCAA 05?

Thanks for this thread. I popped in NCAA 05 today as a result and have been having a blast with the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #26
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

i personally liked ncaa 2005- the ps2 version didn't have the dropped pass is to the level of game-killer status that the xbox did. hfa, composure, and the discipline system were all promising ideas that needed more polish (that ea never really ironed out). lots of cool new stuff was on this game though- custom signs, eight men front defenses, new cutscenes (gatorade shower, fansin the stands, celebrations that could draw penalties), transfers, athletes/position changes in recruiting, and the best addition imo- 70 man rosters.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:44 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
i personally liked ncaa 2005- the ps2 version didn't have the dropped pass is to the level of game-killer status that the xbox did.
True - if you're going to pick this one up now, go with it on the GC or PS2. The framerate on the XBOX was awful and led to more drops/poor running game.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:50 PM   #28
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Everything people have said, plus they brought in that strange cutback animation that was way overdone
Old 06-22-2009, 04:58 PM   #29
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Discipline ratings were the worst-made part of it. It didn't matter what the rating if the guy didn't start. Only starters were penalized.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:11 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROman
i personally liked ncaa 2005- the ps2 version didn't have the dropped pass is to the level of game-killer status that the xbox did. hfa, composure, and the discipline system were all promising ideas that needed more polish (that ea never really ironed out). lots of cool new stuff was on this game though- custom signs, eight men front defenses, new cutscenes (gatorade shower, fansin the stands, celebrations that could draw penalties), transfers, athletes/position changes in recruiting, and the best addition imo- 70 man rosters.
PS2 and Xbox versions were the same game. The would make the Game on the PS2 and port it over to the XBox. So explain how it would be different?
Old 06-22-2009, 05:13 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Discipline ratings were the worst-made part of it. It didn't matter what the rating if the guy didn't start. Only starters were penalized.
It really depends on if you are an offline player or an online player. Online will tell you the HFA was the worst part. If you were the home team you didn't have to play defense. You just needed to spend your time pumping up the crowd. This game was a complete nightmare for online play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 05:55 PM   #32
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
PS2 and Xbox versions were the same game. The would make the Game on the PS2 and port it over to the XBox. So explain how it would be different?
you'd have to ask ea/tiburon about that. i dunno if you can search back that far on here, but it was discussed a lot + my roommate had the xbox version, so i saw it w/ my own two eyes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »