Home

patch for players following ball carrier for more convoy blocking and celebrations

This is a discussion on patch for players following ball carrier for more convoy blocking and celebrations within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24
patch for players following ball carrier for more convoy blocking and celebrations

anyway that could be included in the 1st patch. the teammate logic now has teammates always going back to block opposing players that's way behind the ball carrier. Also once you score the players walk away from you. if this logic is fix there would be more wow moments for presentation enhancement.

thank you EA for your hard work, even tho you can't see the difference just by watching videos, by playing the demo the gameplay has really changed for the better

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 11:36 AM   #2
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: patch for players following ball carrier for more convoy blocking and celebration

I posted a very similar question about a month ago and didn't get any responses (at least from a dev) on it. I loved the idea of convoy blocking, but since players would block people 20 yards behind the ball carrier, I only saw it twice in all the games I played on 09.

It's funny, I ran a toss sweep in my very first demo game where my RB got hit, fumbled, the defender recovered, and one of his teammates started doing the convoy blocking/celebration as he returned it for a TD. I thought, "Hey, I guess they've really improved it so that it actually happens this year." However, I've played several more games and had several situations where the convoy blocking could have triggered and it didn't. So now, I'm not sure what to think about it anymore.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:48 PM   #3
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: patch for players following ball carrier for more convoy blocking and celebration

Wow, they say patch once and now everyone wants a new game patched into the first patch. They have a lot more than just convoy blocking to fix, this should be a low priority. Sure its cool to see on breakaway runs but how often does that happen. With new pursuit angles I don't see that happening as much as in 09.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:50 PM   #4
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Wow, they say patch once and now everyone wants a new game patched into the first patch. They have a lot more than just convoy blocking to fix, this should be a low priority. Sure its cool to see on breakaway runs but how often does that happen. With new pursuit angles I don't see that happening as much as in 09.
read the whole post it's not all about convoy, it the blocking logic on breakaway run.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:03 PM   #5
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Just because it's low priority to you doesn't mean it's something that shouldn't be looked at. The OP has a point, it annoys me two when I run a sweep and the 2 pulling guards go block someone behind me even though there is clearly a safety and linebacker in close pursuit. Although I do agree it won't and shouldn't be used for a patch.

Last edited by WolverinesFinest; 06-22-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2009, 02:44 PM   #6
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

I want this stuff too but there's no way they'll add it in a patch. Patches are for the absolute gameplay essentials, which EA never manages to get right on Day One anyway.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:37 PM   #7
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

In Pastapadre's demo impressions article, he said that he was surprised by how difficult it was to run in the demo as compared to the build he played at E3. He said that in that build, he didn't notice any poor run blocking whereas in the demo, the blocking seemed to be much more hit or miss. Hopefully, the poor run blocking and logic is a demo thing, but we'll find out.

BTW, I wasn't really saying that the convoy blocking should be fixed in a patch. I agree that there are much more important things to be looked at. I just wanted to mention an observation I made in the demo.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #8
Rookie

tmac55's Arena

OVR: 6

Unfortunately, the Devs did not provide a list of differences in demo and final builds of the game, but as I have seen on here, it does seem as though the gameplay will be polished in the final build. Notably the common tackling animations etc.

As usual, not perfectly polished, but hopefully the sliders patch can help that department.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »