Home

How easy is it to block PAT's???

This is a discussion on How easy is it to block PAT's??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #1
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
How easy is it to block PAT's???

We had a guy in an OD block two PAT's in one game. The last one happened to be late in the game and the PAT would have tied the game. I'm not naming names and I'm not accusing anyone of cheesing or glitching because I don't know if it is or not. The guy who made the blocks says it is easy to do if you take too long to get the kick off. What do the experts think? Is it cheese or is it legit?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: How easy is it to block PAT's???

Hmm I come close a few days to blocking a pat. But most people are saying trying to block a fg are a PAT is almost impossible. I believe it is hard. I have not blocked a extra point are feild goal in years on a football game. So I guess this guy got lucky. But there is some people out there that can find a way to block them. But it takes real good timing and all. But it ain't cheesing if you want to know. It's fair so long as it ain't a glitch in the game.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Hmm I come close a few days to blocking a pat. But most people are saying trying to block a fg are a PAT is almost impossible. I believe it is hard. I have not blocked a extra point are feild goal in years on a football game. So I guess this guy got lucky. But there is some people out there that can find a way to block them. But it takes real good timing and all. But it ain't cheesing if you want to know. It's fair so long as it ain't a glitch in the game.
I couldn't tell you the last time I blocked a kick of any kind.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

I have heard there was a way to line up right beside the end of the line and you are virtually invisible and go unblocked. I've heard one person say it was a glitch and they could do it on most occasions but they had heard it was a glitch on the msg boards and ceased doing it after it had been uncovered. That is only one account I've heard so far though.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:48 AM   #5
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

^ jdrhammer - I know who you are referring to in our OD. I think it's a glitch too.

I don't know how to test it or handle it, but he's the only one I have seen do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I block PAT's on a regular basis. FG's are much harder.

The only way it works is if you can guess when the guy is going to pull back on the stick and start coming around the edge before the animation starts.

If I play a guy who snaps it as soon as the arrow is available every time, I'm going to block alot of them. Against guys that mix up the timing alot, I probably won't block any and I will get a few offsides.

The reason FG's are harder to block is because people always take more time to aim them so it throws off the timing.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:13 PM   #7
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTII
I block PAT's on a regular basis. FG's are much harder.

The only way it works is if you can guess when the guy is going to pull back on the stick and start coming around the edge before the animation starts.

If I play a guy who snaps it as soon as the arrow is available every time, I'm going to block alot of them. Against guys that mix up the timing alot, I probably won't block any and I will get a few offsides.

The reason FG's are harder to block is because people always take more time to aim them so it throws off the timing.
How do you line up & with what player?

It could still be flawed programming.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #8
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
^ jdrhammer - I know who you are referring to in our OD. I think it's a glitch too.

I don't know how to test it or handle it, but he's the only one I have seen do it.
Make that two accounts I've heard of it now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »