Home

QB Arm Strength (THP)

This is a discussion on QB Arm Strength (THP) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
QB Arm Strength (THP)

I've noticed some of the top QB's have lower arm strength than normal, and some have been lowered from last season. Jevan Snead had 94 THP now it's down to 91. I like the fact that some need to be lowered for the move to Madden but these THP and THA's seem a little lower than normal. This is according to Team Builder too, so that may be part of the issue.

Just something I noticed. I don't want everyone running around with rocket launchers but it appears even Ryan Mallet's arm is down a point. Did I hear right that attributes will increase more?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #2
Rookie

icmOU72's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: QB Arm Strength (THP)

I had a question about the THP and THA ratings myself. Sam Bradford has 95 THP and 93 THA when Sam was know for his accuracy. It wouldnt bother me if his THP went down to 92 or 91 and his accuracy was up around 97 and i think that is how colt mccoys should be too. I have not looked at tebows but i think he should have higher THP than Bradford, if he doesnt already, and have a lower THA rating IMO.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:15 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

its probably a philosophy issue across the board so that the quarterbacks dont essentially have stronger arms on the game than they have in real life or stronger arms than most qb's in madden. the new roster guy is probably saying that the qb's were too good. even something like accuracy is going to be subjective to a few variables until they go to the extra qb ratings that madden is going to this year.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:21 PM   #4
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

It would be cool if they take that into consideration.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:26 PM   #5
Pro

Not only does THP need to be lowered but accuracy should have been tweaked, to kill the old Robo QB. Plenty of QBs with strong arms tend to be erratic, weak arm QBs are forced to be accurate, or they lose their starting job. The trouble I found last year was the opposing CPU QB tended to have a completion percentage between 70-85% when a more realistic range would be 55-75%. Most drives seemed to be a dart- throwing unstoppable 2 minute drill. Without the ability to sack the QB, it was tough for me. In the real world, most teams were lucky to sack the QB twice, so I can understand Tiburon putting the clamps down on the pass rush.
I can see some systems like Texas Tech as thriving on short throws and pinpoint accuracy. Hopefully, NCAA 10 won't make every CPU offense as good as the Red Raiders. How much of a big deal is THP if the CPU never threw the bomb in NCAA 09? How is THP going to affect the rash of Pick Sixes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2009, 09:29 PM   #6
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

why do you guys care about this??? when they are on the field, they feel all the same.. all of them has P.Manning QB Acc??

Instead of asking why they are 97 instead of 91, you should ask.. when EA will make this ratings shows on the field?

Same as QB Accuary Slider afecting QB power throwing.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:53 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
why do you guys care about this??? when they are on the field, they feel all the same.. all of them has P.Manning QB Acc??

Instead of asking why they are 97 instead of 91, you should ask.. when EA will make this ratings shows on the field?

Same as QB Accuary Slider afecting QB power throwing.
I agree! For the last three demo games I have played, I put in Oklahoma's back-up QB... and guess what... he's is just as accurate as Bradford (I mean... #14). I put in a back-up, I should see a difference right away.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:46 AM   #8
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
I agree! For the last three demo games I have played, I put in Oklahoma's back-up QB... and guess what... he's is just as accurate as Bradford (I mean... #14). I put in a back-up, I should see a difference right away.
How did you put in a back up? I cant access the depth chart on 360

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »