Home

Request for you True Sim Rules for Dynastyies

This is a discussion on Request for you True Sim Rules for Dynastyies within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
Rookie

BigBodySS's Arena

OVR: 4
Request for you True Sim Rules for Dynastyies

As usual the OSers are genius when it comes to generating rules to play by in order to foster realism in NCAA. I'd like to get a really good list of the rules that some of the leagues have come up with that really help to make these games fun.

I'm posting two really good ones that I've seen here. I'd like to request these two guys expand on them a little more so everyone gets a good idea on how to implement these two into their dynasty.

1 - TheLastHurtKnee: Don’t recruit more players than you have scholarships available and no cuts allowed. if you play od's without this rule your dynasty will suck after three seasons when everyone is stacked.

2 -

Potatoes002: 1 and 2 star prestige teams couldnt recruit 4 and 5 star players. 3 star teams could recruit 2 4stars. 4 star team could recruit 10 4stars. 5 star teams could recruit 5 5stars or 10 4 stars. 6 star had no limits but we usually left our teams by then.

Personally I used Knee's rules last year in my OD and it made a huge difference. I will be implementing Potatoes rules into my OD next season as well.

Finally, and I'd love if the person who came up with this system would please speak up, but the most influential rule system we had in our OD was a point system for moving from school-to-school and conference-to-conference.

Every thing you did on the field, Wins, Losses, awards, bowl game wins, top 25 victories, etc... all either gained or lost you points and these points were tracked in a spreadsheet for reference.

Switching to higher prestige schools and BCS Conferences came with a cost of a certain amount of points and coaching experience. If you didn't have enough coaching experience/points then you had to stay at your current school until you could accrue said points.

I have a full spreadsheet and rule sheet for this final method that I developed for my OD if anyone is interested.

In the meantime I'd like to see more rules that the community has come up with to keep these OD's challenging.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Request for you True Sim Rules for Dynastyies

Go to www.traditionfootball.com and check out the rules in those leagues.

IMO, those are sim leagues at their best.

If URLs are against the rules, let me know and I will edit my post.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #3
Rookie

BigBodySS's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunLMason
Go to www.traditionfootball.com and check out the rules in those leagues.

IMO, those are sim leagues at their best.

If URLs are against the rules, let me know and I will edit my post.

The league looks pretty intense, however I can't find any dynasty rules. I've located some gameplay rules but no dynasty specific ones relating to recruiting restrictions, team movement, etc...

Think you can post a few things that they do that you find interesting?

Thanks!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:21 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBodySS
Finally, and I'd love if the person who came up with this system would please speak up, but the most influential rule system we had in our OD was a point system for moving from school-to-school and conference-to-conference.

Every thing you did on the field, Wins, Losses, awards, bowl game wins, top 25 victories, etc... all either gained or lost you points and these points were tracked in a spreadsheet for reference.

Switching to higher prestige schools and BCS Conferences came with a cost of a certain amount of points and coaching experience. If you didn't have enough coaching experience/points then you had to stay at your current school until you could accrue said points.

I have a full spreadsheet and rule sheet for this final method that I developed for my OD if anyone is interested.

In the meantime I'd like to see more rules that the community has come up with to keep these OD's challenging.
I'd like to hear more about this points system you were using...it sounds great for the dynasties me and friends do. Could you provide the spreadsheet and rules sheet?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #5
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

I just would follow some of the standards Schiano puts out for his recruits.

Solid GPA, so I recruit High Awareness players.

I mainly only recruit NY/NJ/PA/MD/DE/FL

I also try to follow the mold of players he recruits, size and athleticism wise.

I would only recruit a 5 star player if he was interested, or was in my home state.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2009, 03:45 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

Ya I forgot to add to mine if a 4 or 5 star player was interested in a 1-3 team prestege team you could recruit them.. Higher prestege teams the rules dont apply
Old 07-01-2009, 03:47 PM   #7
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBodySS
The league looks pretty intense, however I can't find any dynasty rules. I've located some gameplay rules but no dynasty specific ones relating to recruiting restrictions, team movement, etc...

Think you can post a few things that they do that you find interesting?

Thanks!
There are 13 online dynasty's... jump to the forums, most of the rules are located there.... www.traditionfootball.com/forums

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 07-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #8
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Players leaving
A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:
  • is > 95 OVR
  • is a JR that has won the Heisman
  • is a JR or SO(RS) and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 90 OVR
Kickers and punters can be swayed from pro draft regardless of OVR and class.

Scholarships
The amount of scholarships that can be offered at any given time will be dictated by the following formula:

A = number of seniors on your team that will graduate
B = number of underclassmen that qualify for pro draft with aforementioned rules. So underclassmen that are 90+ and have won an award.
C = number of walk-ons on your team. Walk-ons may be cut at any time.
D = Three additional scholarships to provide a cushion.
E = 70 - current amount of players currently on roster

A + B + C + D + E = total number of available scholarships.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »