Home

BreakDown the last 3 years....

This is a discussion on BreakDown the last 3 years.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
BreakDown the last 3 years....

I have been doing some research and I have be stumbling on Videos of the last two years and this years game. So far I have came away a bit surprised of watch I have see and read. So far 08 has been the better game in terms of game sliders that work 100% and the best defense AI. 08 just is not broken in anyway which is sad that the newer ones are broken in sliders and what not. Also the player models in 08 seem to look more life like then 10 and 09 and I have read the recruiting system worked really well., go look for yourself. The only thing to complain about is the 3pfps on the PS3 to which a lot of gamers look past.

Watching videos on all 08/09/10, I still don't see that many changes.

So if some can remember what the difference are please post your memoirs or what you liked about 08/09 and what you don't or do in the demo of 10.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 11:38 AM   #2
EA Game Changer

gschwendt's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: BreakDown the last 3 years....

The PS3 version of 08 was unbearably bad. I don't attribute it to 30fps (last gen games were 30fps and they were fine) but gameplay was completely unresponsive and menus in game & out of game were horrible. As well, I prefer the player models from 09 & 10 over 08.

Aside from those notes, I didn't play 08 very much at all (countless hours on 09) so I can't comment on the rest of the game.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #3
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Ncaa 08

Ncaa 09

Ncaa 10

call me crazy but what looks better, honestly, from some reason every year since 08 I always thought the players models took a hit in some way.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 07-02-2009, 01:10 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

didn't 08 have the depth chart glitch?

i recall players filling up multiple DC slots at the same position and making any kind of change at one position caused a bunch of changes at other positions. benching your QB could become a 10 minute process because of this.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

yeah it's funny...people will get on these boards and rail about the graphics, game speed, and stuff like that being horrible -or- way better than previous version when in reality, it's damn near if not the same every year. I will admit, as a previous person noted, the PS3 version has had the most noticeable changes over the last three years (on next gen hardware), but it's been mostly the menus screens and such.

If I go back to the last gen version (as an example) and play the last three or four releases of the game, the game play is virtually unchanged. There are variations in options but the core game play is literally no different. it took me a while to figure out that there is limited value in buying the game year after year and it's forced me to change my buying habits. For example, I used to buy these games year after year (Golf, Hockey, Football, Baseball, ect.)...but now I buy a release say every other year...or maybe even go three years between purchases. I haven't bought Madden since the first year of "next gen"...I figure I'll buy it this year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2009, 01:22 PM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

don't forget '07.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-02-2009, 01:56 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

your looking a press released screen shots

i don't know how ppl can't see a huge difference in player models from year to year

don't look up screen shots...go put the game in a look

08 looks very bulky
09 looks more athletic
10 looks more like a mixture of the 2 (some are bulky some not)

but there is def a different look to all 3 games
Old 07-02-2009, 02:24 PM   #8
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
don't forget '07.
[user posted image]
I think we can safely say we've at least gotten better graphics and a better game since '07.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »