Home

EA Sports - A Tale of Two Tribal Strategies

This is a discussion on EA Sports - A Tale of Two Tribal Strategies within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2009, 12:19 AM   #17
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: EA Sports - A Tale of Two Tribal Strategies

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Your darn right. Its called the licensing contract came to an end after the 2005 installment. Then 2k bought the exclusive rights. MVP made alot of money particularly 2005.
Sorry, I meant the MVP NCAA Baseball series.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:33 AM   #18
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10

Interesting. EA is using a different approach to raise sales, while Madden is using the obvious approach by giving the hardcore gamers what they want.

Good post.

Check out my NBA blog here: www.thetransitionthree.blogspot.com

I'm an avid NBA fan and I'd love some feedback on my articles. I write about all teams too, so check out your favorite team!

Twitter: @bowen_connor and @transition3blog
Old 07-03-2009, 12:37 AM   #19
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
I do feel that Madden may give a more realistic football experiance than NCAA. But, what do you expect with a franchise that makes aton of money, and that only has to worry about 32 teams and their stadiums and rosters while NCAA has 119 teams, stadiums and rosters to worry about. Madden has alot more diskspace than NCAA, so they were able to add alot of the new onfield enhancements.
Yes. I believe this is a key factor to why Madden is so far ahead of NCAA. NCAA's rosters are harder to update each year because 1. 25% of the team is leaving (Seniors/Pro) and 25% is coming in (Freshmen). These are updated every year for NCAA while Madden doesn't have nearly as much roster updating to do as NCAA. And 2. The obvious one is 32 teams to 120 teams.

I'm an avid NBA fan and I'd love some feedback on my articles. I write about all teams too, so check out your favorite team!

Old 07-03-2009, 12:38 AM   #20
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

Great article. I'm really hoping sales drop majorly for the NCAA team this year, hopefully it'll actually get their attention.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:41 AM   #21
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Great article. I'm really hoping sales drop majorly for the NCAA team this year, hopefully it'll actually get their attention.
Me too because then they might realize (if they keep their liscense for the next year) to take after Madden and give the community (the main consumers) what they want!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2009, 01:05 AM   #22
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would love an NCAA version of Madden.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:17 AM   #23
Rookie

JuiceIsLoose's Arena

OVR: 2

I imagine this has a lot to do with Madden being the more established franchise in terms of popularity. It seems like the NCAA series is trying to cater to as many people as possible in an attempt to become more established. Madden is so firmly entrenched that I think they don't feel as much pressure to drive sales, and thus they can focus more on creating a great game. I think a good analogy is how Blizzard makes games that are designed to be for elite competition, but they can afford to do this since they have such a pedigree and following that they know they're going to sell copies.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:10 AM   #24
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Good blog.

I wonder how much Teambuilder will boost sales for NCAA. Some people eat that stuff up. I do think building a realistic game will be good for everyone - casual and hardcore. The casual fan wants the game to look like the real thing - they just need to play on the easier difficulty levels to avoid frustration.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »