Home

Too Many Teams, Too Much Stuff.....Solution

This is a discussion on Too Many Teams, Too Much Stuff.....Solution within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
Banned

Geekboy's Arena

OVR: 5
Too Many Teams, Too Much Stuff.....Solution

With a 120 teams and stadiums for EA to deal with we will never get the type of games 2K or Madden deliver. Madden deals with....what?....32 teams?

We could get presentation, chain gangs, umps, game play and a ton more if we limited the game to the top 50 teams.

Has EA done research on how many buyers there are for the NCAA series for teams below the top 50 mark?

I say it's not necessary to have ALL teams in the game when you have MAYBE 10 people from LA Tech buying the game. Hell, those from Tech are probably not even using Tech as their home team. They are using either LSU or some other top 20 school to play the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2009, 09:00 PM   #2
Rookie

ditchrider1's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Too Many Teams, Too Much Stuff.....Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekboy
With a 120 teams and stadiums for EA to deal with we will never get the type of games 2K or Madden deliver. Madden deals with....what?....32 teams?

We could get presentation, chain gangs, umps, game play and a ton more if we limited the game to the top 50 teams.

Has EA done research on how many buyers there are for the NCAA series for teams below the top 50 mark?

I say it's not necessary to have ALL teams in the game when you have MAYBE 10 people from LA Tech buying the game. Hell, those from Tech are probably not even using Tech as their home team. They are using either LSU or some other top 20 school to play the game.
Not a chance, I use Akron. I see your point but you would be alienating a lot of buyers.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #3
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Not fealing this idea at all. Too many reasons to list, but college football is about each and every D1 or FBS team. Everyone. Heck, people on this site want more teams (FCS) .

What do you want BCS Football?
Old 07-06-2009, 09:03 PM   #4
Rookie

huskeraddict's Arena

OVR: 6

People are mad that we don't have FCS schools. There's no way they can get away with not having all of the FBS schools.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:06 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19

I say keep them in.

Many people like to play against the team that their real life team is playing any given week.

Now if we could get those top schools to stop scheduling non conference dogs to fill out their schedule we would be in business.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2009, 09:07 PM   #6
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

Yea not feeling this idea at all. Its not real college football at all. If we only wanted 32 teams we would just play Bill Walsh College Football on Sega.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #7
Banned

Geekboy's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchrider1
Not a chance, I use Akron. I see your point but you would be alienating a lot of buyers.
I understand your point......but a LOT of buyers? Just asking. Compared to the 'supposed' amount of potential buyers that are passing on the game because it doesn't have the features they desperately want and even though they are college fanatics they may be turning to the pro game (Madden or 2K) to get the more realism. Don't forget 2K still has a tremendous following even though it's been extinct for years because of all it's features.

I know the argument about EA locking up the license stuff and not having to do much but I feel in the NCAA series they are limited with what they can do because of all the teams and what comes with that. Again, I'm not happy with the yearly progress of the NCAA series but maybe it is because they are so limited.

How many people (buyers) really want Create A Team? I'm an LSU fan. I buy the game to play LSU. Why would I want to create a team I'm not a fan of? How many fans of teams don't play the college team they love to create a team that doesn't exist? It doesn't make any sense.

I'm asking because I don't know.......does Madden have Create A Team?
Old 07-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 39

No offense, but to have only the top 50 teams in the game is the worst idea I have ever heard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »