Home

***Official Impressions Thread (360/PS3)***

This is a discussion on ***Official Impressions Thread (360/PS3)*** within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2009, 09:26 AM   #73
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: ***Official Impressions Thread***

From other impression threads, changing the INT slider to 0 tones down the amount of interceptions.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:29 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider
only one was a 12 week injury. All the others were able to come back or at least gave me the option of playing them hurt. If they dont fix the frequency of the injuries, I hope that the serious ones dont happen on the regular.
As long as that holds true for a while then it should be alright. in real life minor injuries do happen several times a game so that is actually kinda good news just so long as there aren't a ton of major injuries, maybe one every few games between the 2 teams.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
From other impression threads, changing the INT slider to 0 tones down the amount of interceptions.
where is this pm it to me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #76
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

It's in this forum, I forget but there is an impression blog thread in here somewhere. I'm too lazy to look but it's easy to find.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #77
Pro

bowld's Arena

Ok now that ive had some time to play the game here are a few quick impressions.

Game does feel similar to 2009 but plays much better IMO. I love the kill the clock feature and the new animations ive seen are pretty amazing. The cpu throws deep balls now and can actually run the ball with some success as well.

Ive noticed that the hit stick is kinda useless now. everytime i go to knock someone out with the stick i end up missing the tackle and the guy breaks a big gain on me.

Pass rush is not an issue..in 3 games so far vs cpu on AA level im averaging about 5-6 sacks combined for the game which seems about right.

another thing..i thought the season showdown thing was some stupid gimic but after using it i really think it might catch on. at least now when playing online you will know if someone plays sim or not based on there season showdown stats

all for now..will post more later

p.s. Team builder is amazing..the detail of the uni's/field is much better than i ever expected. played a great game last night..cal state fullerton vs. long beach state..its my #1 ranked game so far.

oh and one more thing..the team builder teams are stacked! they rank "A" in every cat. and play like usc,texas,ect. im going to go back into team builder today and lower my schools ratings so there not so dominate

Last edited by bowld; 07-09-2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #78
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Good morning guys. There are a lot of picks. I would have to say about half of them were me throwing into tight spaces on the run. Also, the deflected passes get gobbled up right away for INTs.
As for the d-line falling down at the same time, happened a few times. They would be engaged with the o-line and after a few seconds they all got knocked down at the same time. Coincidence? Maybe. I'll put up more impressions after work. I'm looking forward to other impressions today too so we have a larger sample size of games.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:56 AM   #79
Pro

bowld's Arena

as for injuries and turnovers...

my first game had like 7 players hurt but my last 2 have had none so make of it what you will.

As for turnovers..you really need to be smart with the football in this game. try fitting tight passes with double covg has a good chance of INT. ive only had one pick 6 in 3 games so from what i can tell it has been toned down. ive also noticed that user picks arent as easy as they used to be..seems much harder to get the timing and routes down
Old 07-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
It's in this forum, I forget but there is an impression blog thread in here somewhere. I'm too lazy to look but it's easy to find.
ahh i thought you meant other sites my bad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »