Home

QB Scrambles

This is a discussion on QB Scrambles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2009, 08:40 PM   #9
Pro

bbking26's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: QB Scrambles

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
That's the QB from Tulsa.

I honestly can't tell you why your guy is tucking. Are you holding the sprint button?
oops......
Old 07-13-2009, 09:38 PM   #10
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
That's the QB from Tulsa.

I honestly can't tell you why your guy is tucking. Are you holding the sprint button?

Yes I am. Should I not hold the sprint button as I cross the LOS? Is that the problem? I was thinking it might be the six-axis too, but I don't even know how I would be tilting/moving the controller enough to influence anything, as I just hold it normally like everybody else does.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:09 PM   #11
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

It could be that the QB 'tuck' is a preparation for the hit and to protect the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 10:51 PM   #12
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisconsinSports414
It could be that the QB 'tuck' is a preparation for the hit and to protect the ball.
I don't think that's the case as I've seen the QB go through this animation even when there's nothing but daylight for 15 yards downfield.

Can anybody help me out. This has led to way too many 4th and shorts for me. I see all my wideouts covered, think I can scramble for 5 yards, then watch as the QB magically slows down and is caught by a defensive end 2 yards short of the 1st down.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:11 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I havn't played the game yet so I can't be sure but my first thought was about QB "running mode". I know in years past there has been a button (I think clicking one of the joysticks) that pulled down the reciever icons and allows the QB to make moves in the backfield to avoid the sack. Maybe you don't get slowed if you pull down the reciever icons before crossing the LOS.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:38 AM   #14
Rookie

merg311's Arena

OVR: 6

This happened on last years version as well. Not sure the reason behind it.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:16 AM   #15
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

I took it into practice mode and I'm pretty sure I finally figured it out! I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner, and I feel like a moron now.

I took Baylor into an offense only practice and just continually scrambled. Time and time again I saw the Griffin "tuck" and slow down. Then...it dawned on me. I tried again and...OFF TO THE RACES!

It only "tucks" when you control your player with the D-pad for some reason. I ran one scramble using the analog and the motion was gone. Every scramble with analog Griffin took off with no slow down.

Weird, but I'm just happy I figured it out. I honestly had no idea why it did this and I have been racking my brain. I usually don't pull my thumb down to the stick until the ball is in the RB/WR's hands or my QB has passed the line of scrimmage. Now I know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 06:28 AM   #16
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16
Scrambling QB's...

Every time I try to scramble with Terrelle Pryor..when I cross the line of scrimmage I slow down NOTICEABLY. Anyone else notice this? Am I doing something wrong because it does it every single time and a defensive player (usually a really slow DT) chases me down with ease.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »