Home

Defense Chants

This is a discussion on Defense Chants within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 8
Defense Chants

Ok the whole defense chant on third down is not making sense to me. It sounds like a basketball game. Is there going to be an option to cut that out?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Defense Chants

What are you talking about?
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 07-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #3
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Chants didn't turn out as well as we hoped. We've been using the same chants for about 6 years now, which were orginally recorded by 60 testers standing on top of a parking garage (stopping every time a car drove by). These chants are still in the game as well.

This year for new ones, we went out to a high school and gave away prizes to entice students to show up after school and do chants in a stadium (to get more of a realistic sound). Unfortunately it got scheduled during finals and a lot of kids were only there for half the day and the turn out wasn't what we hoped.

BTW we don't just record them and say "done!" There are a lot of effects and audio wizardry that is done to make them sound closer to 30-70,000 people... but the more people you have in a more realistic setting (aka a football stadium), the better it sounds. It is not an easy thing to set up as you can imagine.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:39 PM   #4
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Ummm...thats what people scream in football games....
Old 07-13-2009, 01:44 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Chants didn't turn out as well as we hoped. We've been using the same chants for about 6 years now, which were orginally recorded by 60 testers standing on top of a parking garage (stopping every time a car drove by). These chants are still in the game as well.

This year for new ones, we went out to a high school and gave away prizes to entice students to show up after school and do chants in a stadium (to get more of a realistic sound). Unfortunately it got scheduled during finals and a lot of kids were only there for half the day and the turn out wasn't what we hoped.

BTW we don't just record them and say "done!" There are a lot of effects and audio wizardry that is done to make them sound closer to 30-70,000 people... but the more people you have in a more realistic setting (aka a football stadium), the better it sounds. It is not an easy thing to set up as you can imagine.
Very understandable Adam, but I think for '11 they need to be looked at again because they don't blend in with the rest of the stadium sounds and they are too high pitched. It almost kinda ruins the feel of the game a bit, but I know it wasn't how you guys had it planned out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 60

I don't have the game yet, but going by the demo, the chants really are horrible. I'm hoping they're a little better in the retail version. Adam, I appreciate you owning up to a mistake though.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoyk
I don't have the game yet, but going by the demo, the chants really are horrible. I'm hoping they're a little better in the retail version. Adam, I appreciate you owning up to a mistake though.
They are not better.

Thanks for the honesty Adam.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:27 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

OK, but can they be replaced in custom sounds?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »