Home

NCAA Football 10 Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 01:12 AM   #41
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: NCAA Football 10 Review

Saying that the gameplay is the best on next gen really isn't saying much, I hope people realize that. Each year has had some glaring issue about gameplay in it, this year the issues aren't major.

As for the review, great read Chris, best review I have read so far. You weren't afraid to say what was actually wrong with the game and what was done right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 01:13 AM   #42
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
Well IMO gameplay trumps all.
I def. agree, but gameplay alone doesn't make a football game.

That's why the last gen titles were so awesome. Gameplay was at its best, and there was just enough presentation & dynasty things to keep you into it.

Next gen though has decent gameplay, and practically zero presentational elements... causing it to be pretty lack luster... and don't even get me started on how mundane dynasty is.

Last edited by sportzbro; 07-14-2009 at 01:23 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:18 AM   #43
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

Man, next gen has been a real disappointment in terms of sports gaming. I was really expecting we would finally get MORE in our games. Instead we are left reminiscing about the glory days back on the PS2. When will we finally see more hard work put into these games? Its been 4 years, how have they not learned to push the consoles like other developers of epic games have? Why do we still have generic stadiums, stale commentary, old equipment, subpar gameplay?

07 was a free pass, 08 was acceptable, 09 was a let down, 10 seems inexcusable to me.

Come on EA, time to quit holding back. I shouldn't even say EA though, I should specifically say NCAA Team, Madden stepped up their game, they added presentation, gameplay, online game modes, etc., all in one year. I can't imagine how awesome that game would be if they had been doing this for the past 4 years.

I really hope NCAA 11 is the year we finally get a NEXT GEN game
Old 07-14-2009, 01:19 AM   #44
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
I def. agree, but gameplay alone doesn't make a football game.

That's why the last gen titles were so awesome. Gameplay was at its best, and there was just enough presentation & dynasty things to keep you into it.

Next gen though has decent gameplay, and practically zero presentational elements... causing it to be pretty lack luster... and don't even get me started on how mundane dynasty.
You are right. I hope they take this dev cycle to massively upgrade the presentation. If they do that and with a few more gameplay tweaks next years game could be great.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:22 AM   #45
Banned

Bigdmo9999's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
You are right. I hope they take this dev cycle to massively upgrade the presentation. If they do that and with a few more gameplay tweaks next years game could be great.
They need to pull a Madden. Its not like they can't do both.

I'm sure NCAA 11 will just be a college version of Madden 10, but I'm hoping they can also focus on other stuff to make it even more different than Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 01:24 AM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
I really hope NCAA 11 is the year we finally get a NEXT GEN game
If not, I am done with NCAA forever.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:28 AM   #47
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

I agree about Dynasty Mode..so much could be done there.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 07-14-2009, 01:31 AM   #48
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
I was told by a wise man once that forever is a long time, so it's best to never make a vow for forever

IMO, the NCAA team simply needs to tweak a few things with gameplay, but don't screw what this year has up. Then spend the rest of your time overhauling the rest of the game and NCAA 11 could be a Game of the Year type of game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »