Home

Havent purchased yet

This is a discussion on Havent purchased yet within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 03:17 PM   #9
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Havent purchased yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaWeigtUp
I disagree 100%. I ran for 204 on just 19 carries last night with Dan Herron of OSU, an 89 ovr RB with 92 speed. He is not a burner and couldnt pull away for the big one but he had a few long carries, which were nice to see because he broke a few tackles and hit a few seems and got into the open.

On the other hand, I have a 95 speed FR RB, Jamal Berry and he never got into the open. So I think ovr, and awareness play more of a factor than speed this year. I've played well with slower players and not needed to speed demons like in 09. Now you dont have to search for the 98 speed RBs in the recruiting class, you can take the 5* guy with just 90 speed and he will be a beast.

So I would say no, speed isnt everything this year. Its nice to have but you can def ball out with avg speed players. I did notice the KO returners seem slow on the returns despite their speed.
YES! That means Hughes and Gray will have just as much of an impact as Allen on my ND squad this year. Thanks!

Old 07-14-2009, 03:21 PM   #10
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
YES! That means Hughes and Gray will have just as much of an impact as Allen on my ND squad this year. Thanks!

after playing a few games with ND, you can tell Allen has that extra gear to hit the corner, but doesnt break out of tackles as easily as what Hughes can...

I also played a game with Illinois and i could tell a difference between Benn at wideout compared to ND's wr core.. I ended up with 9 catches and 147yds. 1 td... With ND, i was more spread out... partly because of me being a fan of the irish, i am more aware of their teams strengths than i was with the illini..
Old 07-14-2009, 03:27 PM   #11
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

Quote:

Yea I played ND in that game and Allen made maybe 1 or 2 nice plays but he didnt score and didnt do anything against my defense, while Boom ran crazy. Not to mention he caught a pass in the flats and went 30 on the 2nd play of the game after he had a 21 yard on the 1st play. Speed isnt everything at this point, but I need to play with more team to see how effective other RBs are!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 03:42 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

I would be excited but Hughes is worthless in real life anyway so Allen should be way better.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #13
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

Quote:
Quick question: Does FAST mean GOOD this year? PLZ say NO!

EA Sports: NCAA Football 10 Video

EA Sports: NCAA Football 10 Video
Old 07-14-2009, 05:23 PM   #14
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

buy the game! you will love it! Warn you, passing is a little different this year, defense is much tougher, especially man
Old 07-14-2009, 05:48 PM   #15
Rookie

Mad 69's Arena

OVR: 10

Rent the game, its not much different from last year. There is nothing that makes you say ''wow" at all about this game. I plan on playing it for a few weeks (getting all the achievements) than trading it in - GameSlop gave us a $40 coupon towards Madden if we want to trade it in - I will be taking advantage of this for sure!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #16

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

Please use the Impressions thread for any questions.

Closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »