Home

So... 360 users with non linked accounts with web teams are out of luck huh?

This is a discussion on So... 360 users with non linked accounts with web teams are out of luck huh? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #17
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: So... 360 users with non linked accounts with web teams are out of luck huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
360 users can't download Teambuilder teams that contain custom logos due to Microsoft restrictions unless the gamertag being used to download and the EA account used to create are linked together.
Oh. Okay mine should be linked thanks!

Check out my NBA blog here: www.thetransitionthree.blogspot.com

I'm an avid NBA fan and I'd love some feedback on my articles. I write about all teams too, so check out your favorite team!

Twitter: @bowen_connor and @transition3blog
Old 07-14-2009, 05:48 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: So... 360 users with non linked accounts with web teams are out of luck huh?

Quote:
For me, I couldn't link them, but that was because I apparently had linked an EA account to my gamertag some 18 months ago, which I don't recall ever even considering. And instead of just saying something like, "This gamertag is already linked to an account" it kept telling me to log on online in an EA game to link my accounts.

So yeah, if it's not working for you, try logging into an EA account with the email you used for your gamertag. They might already be linked.

If the EA account you're using right now is the same as the one for your gamertag, my understanding if you're just supposed to go online in an EA game with that gamertag and they'll send an email to the email address used to create that gamertag. I would not be surprised at all, though, if this process doesn't work perfectly. Or even remotely well.

I logged into my EA Account last night (which has the same email as my XBL Account) and they have a part where it says add persona and gives you the option to link to Gamertag, when I enter my gamertag it tells me they cannot find any information on my gamertag, also I have played many EA sports games online with my gamertag and have never recieved an email about linking the accounts, is there any way I could call EA customer service and have them link them over the phone?
Old 07-14-2009, 05:59 PM   #19
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
360 users can't download Teambuilder teams that contain custom logos due to Microsoft restrictions unless the gamertag being used to download and the EA account used to create are linked together.
I get what you are saying,but does that mean you can't d/l someone elses teams.Teams other people created and not you?
Old 07-14-2009, 06:02 PM   #20
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by pote14
I logged into my EA Account last night (which has the same email as my XBL Account) and they have a part where it says add persona and gives you the option to link to Gamertag, when I enter my gamertag it tells me they cannot find any information on my gamertag, also I have played many EA sports games online with my gamertag and have never recieved an email about linking the accounts, is there any way I could call EA customer service and have them link them over the phone?
Thats my exact problem as well.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:03 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
I get what you are saying,but does that mean you can't d/l someone elses teams.Teams other people created and not you?
Edit: nevermind, look at Adam's post below.

Last edited by Wet Bandit; 07-14-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2009, 06:05 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pote14
I've got no idea what to tell you, man. Like I said, I was surprised at how poorly this whole process has been run.

You can try calling their customer service. I'm not sure they'll be able to help, but it's probably worth a try.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:11 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Looks like I'll never be able to use the team I created, thanks again EA. Wouldn't it have been easier to just put Create-A-Team on the game like they used to? Man, what a concept.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #24
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

LOOKY:

Sorry, we can't find information about that Xbox LIVE Gamertag. Before you can link your Xbox LIVE Gamertag to your EA Master Account, you need to log in to any online EA game with your Xbox or Xbox 360. Once that is done, check your email inbox at the address you used to sign up for your Xbox LIVE Gamertag for an email from us describing what you need to do to link up your accounts.
Keep in mind, this email may not appear immediately, so be patient. Note, you can always come back to this page to re-trigger the email in case you missed it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »