Home

blocking logic

This is a discussion on blocking logic within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 12:54 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: blocking logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHFBFAN1
Oh hell, called a missed assignment, happens on every level every weekend, maybe not that drastic, but it does happen. That does not bother me at all. If it happens every play, then yes. Missed assignments, real life happening. I think we are looking for everything we can to degrade this game. MOVE ON!

One of the reasons Lineman are graded every week, one of the areas graded-MISSED ASSIGNMENTS, Player may have a low awareness rating as well
You missed the point here. I'm not talking about a missed assignment here, I'm talking about logic. There is a difference...follow me here. Lets say you are that lineman running around the end there...what would you do logically?
A. keeping running up field and find people to block IN FRONT OF YOU?
or
B. Turn around FOR NO REASON to block a person behind you?

And a comment about awareness...this lineman must have the highest awareness possible because he was aware of a guy that was behind him that he cant see.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:57 AM   #10
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

I can guarantee you that doesn't happen all the time. And I've had a lot of negative opinions about this game, including a complaint about blockers "chasing" the defender in a circle instead of reaching out to block them at short range.

It could be any number of things.

a play he normally makes and this time he didn't

is he exceedingly slow? He looked focking slow to me, dude. You weren't going to be able to hang around him until he got to the second level without being tracked down from behind, that much is sure.

Get more athletic linemen and I bet it helps.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:01 AM   #11
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
You missed the point here. I'm not talking about a missed assignment here, I'm talking about logic. There is a difference...follow me here. Lets say you are that lineman running around the end there...what would you do logically?
A. keeping running up field and find people to block IN FRONT OF YOU?
or
B. Turn around FOR NO REASON to block a person behind you?

And a comment about awareness...this lineman must have the highest awareness possible because he was aware of a guy that was behind him that he cant see.

true, logic says he should continue downfield, but we are talking about a video game here. I understand what you are saying, but cmon, it doesnt happen every play. Maybe his awareness is to high for being aware of that defender behind him lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 01:34 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

well i guess the crappy defense AI and running towards the ball cancels out the crappy blocking AI

but really? is this really new? this has ALWAYS been a problem with any EA football game

at least 2k had the blocking aspect down for the most part, it felt and looked realistic.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:25 AM   #13
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

It's a video game not real life. That will happen sometimes. If it did it all the time then it would be a problem. But once in a while is a okay.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:58 AM   #14
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

for the most part the blockers do WORK DOWN FIELD.....

For every one of these gaffe's i have gotten some sweet blocks. i have yet to see a game where some blocks aren't missed.

we can all make vids downing something BUT the overall package is entertaining this year.

missed blocks will happen

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 07-15-2009, 03:09 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Ea blocking logic is SEARCH AND DESTROY. the term should be now call COD(yes call of duty). blockers searching for people to block instead blocking upright and advancing levels. you have players doing the stanky leg and the superman in EA logic

YES it must be change

EASY, BREEZY, BEAUTIFUL, COVERGIRL
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »