Home

EA why are FG's so easy????

This is a discussion on EA why are FG's so easy???? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2009, 11:41 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: EA why are FG's so easy????

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Post-patch, FGs are harder for the human. I have missed quite a few with FG accuracy set to 15 or lower. I have literally shanked them so far right and left that I looked at my controller as if "WTF was that?"

Fist, I hope it helps you out because I know you harp on this pretty much every year since NCAA 2006 as I did.

I hope to get the patch today. I'll try it out. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:09 PM   #58
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

Yea post patch FG are much more fun In my dynasty we set our accuracy to 0 lol its hella fun. you even have to concentrate on FGs. It would be awesome if the lower the accuracy online.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #59
Banned

bulls23's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm playing a dynasty with Indiana and my kicker can't hit the side of a barn. I've missed 5 out of 6 FG in 4 games!
Old 07-22-2009, 01:28 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 6

sliders are your friend. put the CPU power at like 15, accuracy at like 30 and your kick power and acc at 35-40 and your all set
Old 07-22-2009, 01:34 PM   #61
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

I wish FG's worked liked this....

The meter would get harder (faster) the further u go. So if u kick from 20 yards, the meter would go slow. If u are from 50 yards, it would go really quick.

Obviously it would be based on your K's ratings, but u get the idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #62
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
I wish FG's worked liked this....

The meter would get harder (faster) the further u go. So if u kick from 20 yards, the meter would go slow. If u are from 50 yards, it would go really quick.

Obviously it would be based on your K's ratings, but u get the idea.
But the meter in the current game only relates to kick power. Most kicks by a kicker have little variation in distance. No kicker "chokes" and only kicks a ball 30 yards in real life. 99% of them will never be short on a kick 45 yards or less so why is this even a factor in the video game? If a kicker needs more distance, they usually kick it lower but this typically hasn't been represented well in video games. The distance of a kick is never an issue with a missed kick unless it's at the end of a kicker's range so why are we even bothering with this aspect really? The range should simply be reflected by attributes. The entire kicking mechanic should be centered around the accuracy portion which is flawed imo.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:06 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yes it's a little too crazy. My homeboy rallied and tied the game up with about 25 seconds left I got a nice little chunk and decided to try and kick a field goal since he didn't have anyone back there returning and I blasted a 61 yarder to win the game with Ohio States kicker. Then I played one of my other buddies and drilled a 62 yarder with Illinois kicker.

Is it something in the water out there?
Old 07-22-2009, 02:22 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
But the meter in the current game only relates to kick power. Most kicks by a kicker have little variation in distance. No kicker "chokes" and only kicks a ball 30 yards in real life. 99% of them will never be short on a kick 45 yards or less so why is this even a factor in the video game? If a kicker needs more distance, they usually kick it lower but this typically hasn't been represented well in video games. The distance of a kick is never an issue with a missed kick unless it's at the end of a kicker's range so why are we even bothering with this aspect really? The range should simply be reflected by attributes. The entire kicking mechanic should be centered around the accuracy portion which is flawed imo.
You nailed it.

I Don't know exactly how this could be implemented, but I think one thing that might help is not having any arrow on the screen and just using the analog stick to kick in the direction you want it to go. Straight on kicks would still be cake though. Kicks in real life aren't usually done by kicking straight on, which is why you see guys slice kicks. I have no idea how it could be fixed other than making it random based on kicker attributes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »