Home

'10 > '09

This is a discussion on '10 > '09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
'10 > '09

After reading some of the feedback I decided to go buy the game. I popped in the disc, reviewed some of the rosters, set up my playbook (I can use the same one as 09! sweet!) , fatigue levels (thank you feedback) and controller settings and went on line to play my first game.

I chose Wisconsin (B+ovr B OFF B+ DEF) and my opponent (after wanting to use Florida and Oklahoma) finally decided to match up against me with Florida State (why is it so hard for people to match up and make the teams at least some what even?). His record was 2-3.

I'm guessing this guy was a 09 addict...he decided he wanted to shotgun throw every down, scramble around and ignore the running game.

I was extremely happy that '10 now gives us the ability to actually shut down people that use the same plays/strategies! I was actually able to hit the receivers and break up passes! I was actually able to get some pressure on the QB and get some sacks! I stuffed a 4th and inches!

The camera does take some getting used to. Especially when you zoom out to see the field and then snap the ball on a running play and it zooms back in. I did throw a few picks...but hey, it was covered so I can't complain.

But I won my first game 35-14 after giving mercy in the 4th quarter.

Today I will be taking back '09 to trade in to GameStop and get $2 for it...although I hate the thought of ripping them off.

No, I haven't played the CPU yet. I didn't notice if they actually did put the wind socks on. I forgot to check the end zone art. I think my players were wearing 1" cleats but maybe it was 1 1/4". I pressed X to skip through the pregame presentation so I can't give you a report on it.

But the actual game was pretty fun! Is it perfect? Absolutely not. But I sure as heck am not going back to '09.

EA...I've been pretty critical...and I still think you focus on irrelevant "features" (RTG, mascots, etc) but as an online player that wants to be able to give my defense at least a chance of stopping the offense...you did make an improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2009, 01:55 PM   #2
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: '10 > '09

Please user our impressions threads for any first game impressions.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d-360-ps3.html

Thanks

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »