Home

Can't generate offense on Heisman, getting ridiculous...

This is a discussion on Can't generate offense on Heisman, getting ridiculous... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2009, 04:34 AM   #41
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Can't generate offense on Heisman, getting ridiculous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Sorry buy those stats are HORRIBLE...
Far from realistic.

If you want a challenge go for heisman... and even tweak sliders to make it harder.
if you want more sim oriented game... go AA with tweak sliders towards the CPU.

Some people wants realism!
you know.. QB throwing 50, 55%... 2TD 1 INT.. some games below 200yds passing.

It`s not only about beating the "system" you know...
Trust me I know they're horrible buddy. I hate games like that man! I was on default Heisman and my WRs kept burning their CBs deep.

I truly think it's because the Minnesota defense is atrocious and they have some talent on offense.

I love it when the game is very challenging and moving the football is hard!

I sit in the pocket with my QBs, mix up play calling, and don't user catch (too easy). I try to make the game difficult and I hope it was simply a fluke!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 04:38 AM   #42
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
See when I win I want to feel like I accomplished something, especially if the team is rated better than me.

Iowa>Wisky this year so losing to Iowa shouldn't be that big of a shock.
you could get the same feeling with a realistic game...

You know you can make a game MORE HARDER AND CHALLEING AT AA?
Just set every slider at 0 and CPU at 100 and you won`t be able to beat anybody.
This is not realistic either, but what i`m saying is.. Because yo guys plays Heisman.. doesn`t mean you have a more challening game.

You could get a More challenign game at AA with tweaked sliders (when they get patched on 360).

If you play FIU vs FLorida and you win... at heisman default.. you feel really good? i know i won`t.

I want games to be the most realsitic as possible, specially scores.
If i play a B vs B team i want to be like an amazing game.
Not just a walk in the park.

If i throw 80% of my passes at heisman defualt, as i did last game, i feel really awfull too.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:42 AM   #43
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
you could get the same feeling with a realistic game...

You know you can make a game MORE HARDER AND CHALLEING AT AA?
Just set every slider at 0 and CPU at 100 and you won`t be able to beat anybody.
This is not realistic either, but what i`m saying is.. Because yo guys plays Heisman.. doesn`t mean you have a more challening game.

You could get a More challenign game at AA with tweaked sliders (when they get patched on 360).

If you play FIU vs FLorida and you win... at heisman default.. you feel really good? i know i won`t.

I want games to be the most realsitic as possible, specially scores.
If i play a B vs B team i want to be like an amazing game.
Not just a walk in the park.

If i throw 80% of my passes at heisman defualt, as i did last game, i feel really awfull too.
I don't think you are understanding what I'm saying.

I'm disappointed I scored so many points. I too want to have a realistic outcome to my games. You can look at the game like an offensive shootout fluke, which I hope it was. It looked like I was gonna lose 49-51 but two touchdowns late gave me the victory.

If I played as FIU and beat Florida I would be really pissed. That's why in the impressions thread, before I got the game, I was asking people to use a cupcake and face a powerhouse. I wanted people to report they got their but whooped!

Like I said, I hope it was a fluke.

The CBs getting burned like they did sucked!

Old 07-17-2009, 08:27 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think you're confused about what it means to "shoot your load." Either that, or you're having trouble with offense because the controller is on your lap.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

Heisman is tough as hell but AA will give you great games.
Once you load up your squad with blue chips and you start dominating on AA,
jack the difficulty back up to Heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2009, 09:32 AM   #46
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16

I really don't see this issue. I think Heisman is very fair especially after the patch and slider tweaks. I really don't see how the CPU CBs are like glue on this level , they do as well as your cpu controlled CBs from what I can tell. I viewed replays and the separation were pretty much the same between the 2 sides.

I just shutout Texas A&M 20-0 using Nebraska in Texas. Their Qb finished with 15/31 passing 0 TD, 1 int , and I finished 14/21 passing 2 TD 0 int. Not to mention I ran the ball 42 times for 170 plus yards while they ran it for only 90 yards .

But I also played againt Ohio Stae and was shellacked 35-13 so it happens and goes both ways.

I have made some changes on the sliders , if you want to take a look here it is:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-sliders.html
Old 07-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
I've had it up to here. I'm about to shoot my load. I can not generate any sort of offense against a respectable team on Heisman. My running back is getting tackled in the backfield, he isn't breaking any tackles, I'm being sacked or forced into throwing before I complete my drop back because someone on my OL routinely misses a blocking assignment.

I don't know what to. I'm in an OD with Wisconsin. and although I'm 4-1 (Lost to Minnesota this week, saw robo QB for the first time 12-14-265-3-0 no sacks) the only games I've had sustained success on offense were against Fresno State (their defense is pretty horrendous) and FCS Southeast... On defense I could hold my own, until I played against Adam Weber AKA The Second Coming. I just cannot sustain drives, in two of my four wins (Michigan State and NIU) I had to rely on a short field brought upon by timely fumbles to put up 19 pts (NIU) and 20 pts (MSU).

I just played a play now game with Wisconsin against VA Tech to see how I'd fare against a quality defensive opponent. I lost 20-0. Here are a few stats from the game:

I started Curt Phillips, he was 12-26 132 0-2 6 sacks. I was regularly sacked or forced to run for my life before I even completed my drop back. Upon inspection of the replays most of the time that was due to one of my O-linemen completely whiffing on their block.

John Clay (the 6'2" 245 pound reason I picked Wisconsin)- 14 carries 34 yards, he was tackled for a loss 8 times, EIGHT freaking times. He broke 0 tackles, ZERO broken tackles, 6'2" 245, 81 STR, 90 BTK, 90 TRK, 0 broken tackles. 27 yards after the first hit, which means since he broke ZERO tackles all but 7 of his yards were gained by falling forward on first contact. I looked at the replay on every run play, looked it over for at least a minute. Each time I was able to say "I had nowhere to go". My QB was sacked twice in the process of handing off to Clay. I'm losing my mind here.

Defensively I was fine. Taylor completed less than 50%. Their RB was slightly over 6 ypc and he had 7 broken tackles. I'm fine with that as long as the hoss I have in the backfield is represented similarly.

I feel cheated on Heisman. It's painfully obvious to me that, for the most part, ratings are thrown out the window. Things happen that defy the laws of physics, and football to make things harder on the user. On the other hand, I seem to pretty much have my way on AA. I'm at a loss here. I play in online dynasties with guys who firmly believe that you're not a man unless you play on Heisman, and wouldn't dare bother with sliders. Sliders are for girls. Even though I have to hear them screaming "bull****!" and "this game is ****ing terrible!" constantly in our Xbox Live party...

Sorry about the rant. I was enjoying the game but it seems like this is sucking that away in a hurry. I guess this is why working sliders are so important.

Couple of things that will help you solve your problems.

1) Change your snap count. If you go on the same count consistently, you'll have guys in your backfield all game.

2) Use your gameplan. Reciever dropping the ball? Have them focus on posession. If your blocking is sub par, change your blocking settings to aggressive.

3) Use motion to get a read on the coverage. If you see zone, use motion to overload a side. USe your hot routes to press the levels. Its basic math...3 defenders, cant cover 4 recieving options.

4) Use motion to help your ground game. Make sure that you have at least as many people blocking, in the area that you are running, as there are defenders. IF not, flip the play, or audible the heck out of it.

5) Only use turbo in the open field or when trying to bounce outside..dont use it between the tackles until you get into the 2nd level..all you'll do is open yourself up to fumbles and cause the pursuit to close in faster.

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 07-17-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:20 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

It would be nice if rather than throwing ratings, physics, and logic out the window on Heisman they would simply make the game more complex and play faster. I do fairly well online but when I play heisman it's a different story. Robo QB is there all day, pressure is nonexistent, my higher rated corners don't cover as tight as the computer's lower rated corners, the computer's lower-rated DL gets more pressure than my higher rated DL, etc. On top of that all the breaks seem to go against you, i.e. you get more fumbles, dropped passes, and dropped routine picks while the CPU never fumbles, never drops a pass, and makes some of the most ridiculous interceptions you can possibly imagine, in addition to a ridiculous amount of broken tackles while it's nearly impossible for me to break one. there are numerous times where I hit a RB from the likes of USF or something with Brandon Spikes in the backfield only for him to break free, break loose from 3 more tackles, and take it 80 yards to the house. Like I said, I still usually win but it's usually by no more than 7 points, maybe 14 if I get a late score, and that is no matter who I play

What I'd rather see is a more complex, faster paced experience with more sim qualities. Allow (and require) more control over blocking and protection schemes (not just the simple slide, pinch, or spread, but inside-out protection, which gap assign your back to try to pick up a LB rather than a DE, etc), a more diverse and sim-like playcalling screen with the ability to run plays out of multiple formations, etc. You'd have to know your playbook and have a greater understanding of the game, but wouldn't it be more rewarding?

Think about it, when you play guitar hero it doesn't make the game harder by randomly making certain buttons on the guitar stop working. It adds extra fret buttons to the mix and requires you to press more of them and change them at a faster pace. I'd like to see the equivalent in NCAA rather than just feel like the computer is cheating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »