Home

Online Dynasty TB Jersey Problems

This is a discussion on Online Dynasty TB Jersey Problems within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2009, 07:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Online Dynasty TB Jersey Problems

Alright, well I joined almost specifically to bring this problem to attention and see if people are having a similar experience.

In short, I can't see custom jersey options on my opponent when playing Human v Human in OD.

I haven't noticed this in online matches because I've only played two, and I'm not about to go message these people and ask them if they changed their uniforms pre-game or something, it's a waste of time.

Basically, when I set up to wear my first alt jersey (nothing special, the only option changed) and entered the game, I saw it, obviously. I went through my first game just fine, but when I got to my second game I was talking with a friend that he really needed to see these wild alt. jerseys I had made (long story short, they're almost solid bright orange, my team's primary color) and when we finally started up the game, I could not see the particular alt. pants he had chosen, nor could he see my jerseys. I am on XBox 360, for reference.

I would just love to know from Adam Thompson (or anyone with similar knowledge of these things, I guess, I just know he's the EA guy here) whetherr EA is aware of this occurence, if it can be fixed in NCAA Football 10, and if so, what sort of time frame are we talking? Obviously first patch is on it's way already, but could/would it be second patch material or more of a final update type of fix?

Thanks for any response and aid in my quest for a better NCAA experience. Loving the game otherwise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Online Dynasty TB Jersey Problems

It may have something to do with the home/away (dark/light) options with the jersey. I don't think you can have both teams wearing the same tone of color. I am not sure if this is your issue but if you were the away team try to play your friend as the home team and see if your jersey option is there.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan1993
It may have something to do with the home/away (dark/light) options with the jersey. I don't think you can have both teams wearing the same tone of color. I am not sure if this is your issue but if you were the away team try to play your friend as the home team and see if your jersey option is there.
This COULD be part of my problem, I really could just have some assinine reasoning behind it. I was home team, wearing a bright orange alternate jersey. While it is a light jersey, I don't think they'd recognize that as a light/light combination. It's peculiar that we could both see our own changes, but none of each other's. My two friends will play each other in a bowl game tonight so that could be my opportunity to test such a thing. To shed some more light on the issue, My friend wore a white away jersey with bright green pants (monster energy-themed team, to give you an idea), and I wore a bright orange alt. jersey with black pants. I don't think helmet/socks matters even in your explanation. That said, I'm not sure that that combination consists of clashing colors. It's my primary color, so I'd imagine the system would recognize it as a "dark" color in terms of jersey vs jersey. I really hadn't thought of that since playing the game (thought crossed my mind is all) but I still doubt it is the core source of my problem. I mean, these weren't exactly identical options by any means.

What I'm thinking is that EA has disabled custom options with teambuilder teams or inter-dynasty online games. This problem occured last year with perfectly legal jerseys. Is there something I need to know? I mean, are they FORCED to match up with mine to work (i.e. I want to use my home alt. so he HAS to use his away alt. or it errs it back to primaries)? I would really like to see free custom options if they're available. I mean, if USC can play UCLA in home jerseys, why can't we create that?

I'm not going to get pissy over such a small thing, but it'd be odd if such a small thing couldn't be easily or quickly addressed in a future patch or future game. I obviously was the chach that didn't report such an occurence last year, but it was no problem with regular teams. Now that we have teambuilder, I want to switch up my jerseys every few games (start a personal tradition of alt. jerseys on opening home game, etc.) and the idea that I can't do that with people in my own online dynasty just because they're a human player as well is disappointing, considering how vastly improved some aspects of this game have become in just one year.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #4
stewaat

OVR:

It doesn't matter if it's a TB team or real team. Your opponent will only see your default uniform. That's the way online is set up.

Don't ask me why though!

Old 07-18-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
Rookie

Oh. That's what I was afraid of. Hm. Well hopefully they can support that eventually. I mean, there's no point in even doing the alt jersey options anymore on TB then if nobody can see them but you in dynasties. To me, at least. I'm just glad someone had a definite answer for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »