Home

Don't buy Dynasty Accelerators!

This is a discussion on Don't buy Dynasty Accelerators! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 12:22 AM   #57
Cao
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Don't buy Dynasty Accelerators!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
It's completely his prerogative to buy them. If he wants the features and doesn't want to put the time in to accomplish them, and is willing to pay $2.50 to get them, who are you to judge?
I'm not judging, his comment made me laugh (not at him).

I can only hope he understands the whole picture here.

* I would buy them....if I wasn't so cheap (and EA weren't A HOLE's)
Every year I am forced to by this garbage and I know not to, but I do (Cause I like football). He has his own reasons.

Sorry I came off as a jerk. My apologies.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:22 AM   #58
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
It's possible. But don't see anything to indicate they are heading that direction (paying for roster updates). Micro transactions are here to stay for sure (and are hardly an EA only thing), but I don't see this scenario playing out.
Micro transactions, to the best of my knowledge, for the most part have only been seen in MMO games (most of which have failed). The Sims 3 and now NCAA 10 (both EA) are the only non online games that I am aware of where micro transactions are a part of the game. I suppose you could also count some map packs from certain FPS games. I feel that these are also a ripoff, but more acceptable considering they are post release, not to mention online.

The reason I believe we could be headed down that path is this. Who would have ever thought we would be given an option to buy extra pipeline states, extra stars, or a recruiting advisor. EA already makes you pay for extra items in the Sims 3. Simple fact is if you give a little then the other will probably try and take a little more. Who knows how many reitterations of NCAA and Madden it could be down the road before we start paying for rosters but I still think it's a real possibility.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:23 AM   #59
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Man you're grasping at straws right now. The NFL putting the exclusive rights up for auction and EA winning it has nothing to do with a company charging you to play the Dynasty mode on their college game.

You're mixing apples and oranges for an argument that you don't even believe.

Stop it.
No its one of the things that I thought and many others thought would never happen. Your going a bit too far with the whole paying for dynasty thing. Thats not what im saying at all.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:24 AM   #60
Cao
Rookie

Icon14 Re: Don't buy Dynasty Accelerators!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1
that is true...I dont have anything against the accelerators...but the precedent it sets for the future is what I think this whole thing is about...EA's history and the position they have taken when it comes to football and basketball games makes it a valid argument
* Standing up clapping*

*I'm not alone...yes!
Old 07-19-2009, 12:26 AM   #61
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
Micro transactions, to the best of my knowledge, for the most part have only been seen in MMO games (most of which have failed). The Sims 3 and now NCAA 10 (both EA) are the only non online games that I am aware of where micro transactions are a part of the game. I suppose you could also count some map packs from certain FPS games. I feel that these are also a ripoff, but more acceptable considering they are post release, not to mention online.

The reason I believe we could be headed down that path is this. Who would have ever thought we would be given an option to buy extra pipeline states, extra stars, or a recruiting advisor. EA already makes you pay for extra items in the Sims 3. Simple fact is if you give a little then the other will probably try and take a little more. Who knows how many reitterations of NCAA and Madden it could be down the road before we start paying for rosters but I still think it's a real possibility.
You're not paying for extra anything. Basically you're paying for a shortcut to do something you can do in the game without them.

Lots of games have had microtransactions. Ala 2k with it's Reelmaker download.. This is not new, not going away and not an EA only thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 12:26 AM   #62
Cao
Rookie

Cool Re: Don't buy Dynasty Accelerators!

Quote:
You know you are getting desperate when you have to resort to arguing semantics.
desperate for what? my thread is staying at the top where I want it.
I would believe I am winning, I would beleive my message is speading.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:28 AM   #63
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao
d
I would believe I am winning, I would beleive my message is speading.
I have no doubts you do believe that.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:30 AM   #64
Cao
Rookie

Quote:
You're not paying for extra anything. Basically you're paying for a shortcut to do something you can do in the game without them.

Lots of games have had microtransactions. Ala 2k with it's Reelmaker download.. This is not new, not going away and not an EA only thing.
Like a toll bridge right? Some people can go around, while others choose to cross.

*mmmm I like those toll bridges.

Now they will tell me that toll bridges are necessary for maintenance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »