Home

CPU Option Pitch Interception

This is a discussion on CPU Option Pitch Interception within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: CPU Option Pitch Interception

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
exactly

sounds like we got a cheeser on our hands. Sorry that you can't continue to run the same play again and again and again....

Um, I don't do that. I mix up my option runs and throw in fakes every now and then to keep the defense honest. Hell, I'll go five wide for maybe 10% of my plays just to keep my DBs back. Like I said, the first interception happened on the first play from scrimmage and I left that particular play alone for a couple possessions.

And this is against SMU, mind, who has no defense to speak of. It's not even that I object to the occasional interception of a pitch, but there should be penalties for playing the option that aggressively instead of superhuman perfection every time the option is run.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:03 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

The only thing I can think of is pitch it sooner or just eat the ball and take the loss if you feel like the computer is gonna pick it off.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:03 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengland007
Yea, I had that happen, and it hasn't happened since. This is because I did not pitch it late, or I kept it for the short gain. If you are running an option like that WR MTN OPTION, I usually hand off to the RB first, then a keeper. Keeps the D a bit more honest. Also, the fake pitch is awesome, so add that to your tool box too.
I actually use fakes a lot. I just went back to that game and won it 62-7 with my QB running for three TDs after the D bit on the fake pitch. But I stayed away from that play the whole game and mostly kept to the speed and triple options when I ran it at all.

I guess I'm kinda pissed that one of my standby plays just doesn't really work anymore. Like, I'm honestly scared to even call it, period. Sorta like I don't want to try out the more complex wildcat plays work out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 02:06 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlane0087
The only thing I can think of is pitch it sooner or just eat the ball and take the loss if you feel like the computer is gonna pick it off.
Dude, I pitched the ball as soon as I cleared the DE. Hell, I didn't even know the DB was there and I think it was the safety that did it. 'Cause I had the DB who was responsible for the motion option receiver right in front of me. That's really why I pitched it, cause I was reading off the corner.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Are you serious? Turn down the difficulty if it's too hard.
It's not the option in general I'm having trouble with. I was passing all over that defense as well. It's that particular play. I can't really figure out why it's happening, because as I said the DB who was lined up on the motion receiver was right in front of my when I pitched it.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:16 PM   #14
stewaat

OVR:

I guess you just need to recognize when the wrong time to pitch is. Just learn the game. If you want a real life replica you're not gonna get one. Just saying that it's a game...which means AI, not IQ.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #15
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

In previous years the option was money, this year I can't run an option to save my life, the D is in perfect position nearly every time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 03:00 PM   #16
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

sounds to me like you're starting off your dynasty to a nice crappy 0-1

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »