Home

recruiting question

This is a discussion on recruiting question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 04:22 PM   #9
Rookie

CanesFan5's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: recruiting question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
yes

Heres a question though.

If someone is a soft commit to a different school, can you get him to back out and go to your school? Has anyone ever had this happen?
Definitely. As Troy I saw the top player I was recruiting (#1 FS in Nation) soft committed to Texas. I recruited against Texas a lot. He committed to me two weeks later.
Austin University Roadrunners (NCAA 10 Dynasty)
Old 07-19-2009, 04:42 PM   #10
From The Ashes

xOLDBHOYx's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: recruiting question

Recruiting 101 by Me...

this is how i recruit and hopefully might help some of you guys and answer some questions.
For my first dynasty of 2010 i chose Syracuse (3 star team, pretty bad)...
To begin with recruiting the green dot next to a recruits name means only one thing: your school is in their top 10
You can choose to recruit ANY recruit. Even as Wyoming (sorry fans) you can recruit the number one overall recruit and "potentially" get him

When you are a "bad" team when you do a search you are probably looking at one, maybe, 4 star and many 3 stars interested and your should recruit them. With Syracuse, and really any team i usually fill the top ten on my list with interested players (green dot) but then from the all prospect list i will move over to the interest bar and push X (xbox player here) i think to re submit list. It will list players interest regardless of top 10 status. You will notice many players may have more interest then even "green dot" guys. i will recruit maybe the next five to ten on my list with guys i want. and then maybe the rest with top 10 guys.
The first week i offer everyone a scholarship mostly through quick calls. After the first week game or bye you might be surprised to see those guys that were not green dots are now!!
Completely out of luck but it will happen. After my first year with the Cuse i got to 5 star recruits a 87 ovr DT and a 90 ovr LT. Too high in my opinion but thats for another thread. Hope this helps sorry for the novel.

Last edited by xOLDBHOYx; 07-19-2009 at 04:45 PM. Reason: apparently typing to fast

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »