Home

recruiting question

This is a discussion on recruiting question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2009, 03:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
recruiting question

As I a starting my first dynasty, I noticed some guys are down to thier top 5 or 8. If I am not in that top 5 or 8, I assume that I can quit recruiting them as I will never jump up into the top 5 or 8 right? Or Can I still influence my way into the top whatever they are at? Thanks for the help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 03:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: recruiting question

I'm pretty sure you can get in there. I'm not sure what Top 8 is in there for, but I think once the guy gets down to his top 5 he's usually ready to schedule visits.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
Rookie

NoConflict's Arena

OVR: 2

I got a question too about recruiting. If someone is on your recruiting board, and then they commit to your school, but then you take him off of your recruiting board, will he not go to your school?
Old 07-19-2009, 03:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoConflict
I got a question too about recruiting. If someone is on your recruiting board, and then they commit to your school, but then you take him off of your recruiting board, will he not go to your school?
He should still go to your school. I always understood that the 35 guys you have on your board act as a shortlist of possible recruits that you can put on and remove people with no penalty.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:26 PM   #5
Rookie

So I still should be recruiting guys unless they are down to 5 and I am not one of them?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2009, 03:41 PM   #6
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by conanthelibrarian
So I still should be recruiting guys unless they are down to 5 and I am not one of them?
yes

Heres a question though.

If someone is a soft commit to a different school, can you get him to back out and go to your school? Has anyone ever had this happen?
Old 07-19-2009, 03:50 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
yes

Heres a question though.

If someone is a soft commit to a different school, can you get him to back out and go to your school? Has anyone ever had this happen?
Ive had guys soft commit to me and then go somewhere else, so yeah its possible.
Old 07-19-2009, 03:54 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
yes

Heres a question though.

At least last year, I had a recruit that was soft committed to another school. I gave him a 1 hour quick call, and suprisingly, he signed with me that week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »