Home

The Drives by the CPU that Can't Be Stopped!

This is a discussion on The Drives by the CPU that Can't Be Stopped! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 01:37 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: The Drives by the CPU that Can't Be Stopped!

I play on Heisman and I will agree that sometimes the CPU has drives that seem like their qb can't miss even if I hurry him or even hit him. I also notice times when my 68 overall QB last year would have similar drives and appear unstoppable. There are also drives where the cpu can't do anything, even late in the game when they need a score. One thing to keep in mind is this game favors the offense on both sides of the ball and the college game which they are trying to simulate is a very offensively based game.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:44 AM   #10
Rookie

barats's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
At the end of the quarters they go into aggressive playcalling.

There's no comeback AI.

Just your own imagination.
I'm not talking about comeback AI at all. I haven't seen that at all really in the last few years. These are just drives that the cpu turns into robot machines and marches down the field with so much ease. I wouldn't think anything of it but everyone I talk to say it's there and it does happen. Especially on Heisman. Same thing with Madden years ago on All Madden. I've been seeing this on NCAA for years now.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:53 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

yea, i just turned up my defense's awareness and knockdowns and i haven't had this problem at all. games aren't a scoring fest which is pretty cool.

if you mess with the sliders you can get some realistic games going but there are still a lot of bugs that sliders cant fix
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 03:17 AM   #12
Rookie

Pheud's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah,I've had this happen to me quit a few times.

Most notably was when I was playing the first year of my Marshall dynasty.I was playing UTEP at El Paso and I was up 35-20 going into the 4th quarter. From then on, Uteps quarterback was pretty much unstoppable.My offense ran out of gas apparentally, and all 4 of my next drives ended on 4th and long.No defensive pressure, but my wide receivers who had been red hot all day couldn't catch wide open balls. On the flip side, UTEP's next 3 drives are all 30-40 second drives for 15-20 yards apiece for touchdowns.I just absolutely could not stop them even though I had shut them down a majority of the night.Their quarterback was unstoppable; he threw something like 80% for the game and a majority of that was in the 2nd half.I wound up losing 41-35 even though I had a chance late to win it but threw a pick in the endzone.

It does happen.

Lets go V-C-U!!(And to make it clear, I have been a VCU hoops fan since 2007...no bandwagon for me, thank you very much!)
Old 07-20-2009, 03:18 AM   #13
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exonerated
At the end of the quarters they go into aggressive playcalling.

There's no comeback AI.

Just your own imagination.
I strongly believe there is a comeback code.
It`s not of course any "cheat or any kind of weird thing"..
It is just EA programed the AI to be very aggresive on last 1 or 2 min after 1st and 2nd half.

The problem is, or the question is..

WHY THE CPU Doesn`t play like this the hole game.. bascially is almost unstopable...

So.. why they only play "this aggresive at the end of the half and game?"

EA really need to tweak this, at least to make it more "real".

I bet arizona went to Agressive mode, but still Pitts was able to stop them.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:10 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

This happened to me in my first season as Ohio State. I kicked a FG with 56 seconds left to take the lead 22-20 over Penn State, then Daryll Clark decides to be perfect and lead PSU down the field and score a TD with six seconds left. Cost me the chance to play in the title game.
Old 07-20-2009, 04:24 AM   #15
Rookie

BathSaints's Arena

OVR: 2

MOst recently happened to me as TTU against OU. Took the lead with 0:37 remaining, solid kickoff and then OU get the ball. HB screen (which are probably overpowered as they are) called but I think I'm okay everyones behind the ball. But no their RB slides off 6 tackles - 3 of which he basically slipped in a row.

Comeback AI or not there is definitely a problem with the combination of the AI's late game aggression and the use of timeout instructions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 04:31 AM   #16
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

I have noticed it a bit. Just lost my first game of Dynasty. Im trying to build the San Diego St Aztecs and lost to UCLA in the final minute when they broke a HB screen for 75 yds and a TD. I couldnt seem to stop that play all game.

Also in Play Now games, the CPU has made furious attempts at making a comebacks but I usually hold them off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »