Home

NCAA Football 10: An Alternate Take

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10: An Alternate Take within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 10: An Alternate Take

I Have A ? Is the PS2 version have all the same issues, or are we just talking about the next gen systems.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 7
and yet another stellar release from EA Sports. lol. so sad....so very sad how great this NCAA series could be. great article. the even sadder thing is that you know for a fact that the EA Sports suits and execs know that the product is not close to being as ood as it could be yet for them it's the bottom line that matters- $$$. 'nuff said. again, great article, Jim.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:05 PM   #59
Rookie

Hipster-Doofus's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose1234
I Have A ? Is the PS2 version have all the same issues, or are we just talking about the next gen systems.
We are talking about the NCAA series as a whole, whether Next Gen or Last Gen. The problem with EA, at least in Terms of Football, is they don't have anyone pushing them. They don't have someone breathing down their backs possibly developing a better product. This, my friends, is the problem with Monopolies, and why they are frowned upon. The products that are produced and released are sub par, based on the fact that there is no compitetion, no reason to go that extra mile. Now, I do think that NCAA over all is a good game, and Madden as well (even though I haven't bought one for 7 years). However, these little things we are mentioning here, the little aspects that could really push the game into what we want it to be are not going to be done. Why? Because they don't have the money, they don't have the resources, they don't have the budget? I don't know, whether those are right or wrong, EA just doesn't have anyone pushing them to the next level, forcing them to produce as good a product as possible.

Madden has a bigger budget, and more time and resources, based on the fact that it out sells NCAA. They can spend the time on things like better presentation, atmosphere...and so on. The best thing that could happen to this game is the "rights" ending, and really forcing EA to spew out the best possible College Experience they can. Until then, I think we are going to be forced to play what ever they put out, lack of atmosphere and all.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:29 PM   #60
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Basically too much fluff in this game. They need to bring back the custom TD celebrations. Have more variety in cheerleader celebrations. Because I am tired of seeing the same toss the girl up in the air celebration.

And why is it that the cpu always overload on the side your play is designed to run on ? Seems like they automatically know what play you are calling. Even if you flip the play, they overload on the side you flipped on.

Defense assist is the most useless feature ever.

EA take out all that mini games BS that nobody cares about and add more atmosphere and celebrations. And fix the mind reading cpu AI. They swarm to the ball at warp 9 it seems. Don't matter if you running or passing or doing a screen, 3 defensive players will be there as soon as the ball does.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:48 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 10
I agree with your article the game was vapid in about 10 minutes of gameplay. It's Madden 09 with a College wrapper
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 04:21 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 3
I was also disappointed with this effort, I feel cheated that I bought this college, why did EA buy a license and not fully capture the college football experience? Maybe I need to spend a few more hrs playing it or getting the max out of my purchase but I did not play the game and go....wow...at anything. This is nothing more than NCAA Football 09 Release B. They did not really make any strides with this game. I wish they would drop all this license BS and let others get back in the arena and make a game that is truly for the gamer (hint hint 2Ksports).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »