Home

NCAA Football 10: An Alternate Take

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10: An Alternate Take within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NCAA Football 10: An Alternate Take

Truly great sports games often transcend the sport they're based on, finding a way to appeal to a broad group of gamers. Games like NHL 94, Winning Eleven 6 and the original NBA Jam fall into this category. Even if you weren't a fan of the sports themselves, those games still probably appealed to you when you played them because the final products were greater than the sum of their parts.

NCAA Football 10 falls short of that transcendent status. As a longtime Madden player who has made sporadic forays into the NCAA series, I went into NCAA 10 looking to see if the game would grab me and make a fan of me. It did not.

-Feature written by Jim Harris

Read More - NCAA Football 10: An Alternate Take
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 10:22 AM   #2
MVP

xylocaine's Arena

OVR: 12
I rented NCAA 10 Enjoyed playing through one season, but your review perfectly summarized the way I felt. Nice Job!!

For me this game just comes up way short due to a lack of personality and ALMOST no presentation.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:27 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
I myself am a huge nfl and madden fan, I still haven't stooped playing madden 09 since it was released last august. Ncaa 10 is not just a total refurb of madden 09 it has some very decent and new game play animations that seperate it just enough from madden to allow me to be able to start giving it a fair shot. With the roster names being completed sunday, by the way thanks Lanteri87, it is officially time to put madden 09 to rest and give Ncaa 10 my full attention. Everyone should try the Road To Glory aspect of the game, much better and interesting than last years version.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA Football 10: An Alternate Take

After finding the perfect sliders for my gaming skill level and also starting into Dynasty -- I am once again hooked to this game that every does not like.

Yes there are in-efficiencies but this years game has done a pretty good job with slowing down the feel of the game and putting more emphasis on strategy and defense.

I haven't taken this game out of my Xbox since I got it last week.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #5
Rookie

WinstonPeril's Arena

Re: NCAA Football 10: An Alternate Take

I guess it depends on your preferences. I love NCAA infinitely more than Madden, but then I love college football more than pro. My loyalties in the pro game are wherever my 'horns are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2009, 10:52 AM   #6
Rookie

Yea I think EA could've did a better,I like it don't get me wrong but its alot things they miss like presentation.the band on the field didn't do it for me..what happen to the team running onto the field that was classic.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #7
Rookie

Hipster-Doofus's Arena

OVR: 4
As a HUGE college football fan, and someone who likes the NFL but not nearly as much as college, I agree with you on a lot of these issues. The thing that sets college football apart from anything else in the world, is the atmosphere. The Bands, the Crowds, The presentation, the Student Sections and so on, are what make college football, college football.

That is what this game is severly laking in my estimation. Bring the very essence of college football to life, and adding "fuel to the fire" would be something that I would think they'd want to do. However the crowds, the bands, and the presentation is just...well...there. No real excitement, when the band plays they don't even sound like they want to be there. The presentation is obviously laking, something that has been pounded to death so thats all I'll say about that.

So in the end, we are left with, well, the ONLY college football game out there, and for us College Football fans, are alomst forced to like it whether we do our not. It's a good game, and an improvement (at least on the field) from last year, but EA really needs to understand the true essence of college football. And once they do, for the sake of humanity, please implement that into your game for once.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:13 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2
FYI. TCF Bank Stadium for the Minnesota Gophers is not in this years game. I think they are using a generic outdoor field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »