Home

Dynasty recruiting issues- EA help.

This is a discussion on Dynasty recruiting issues- EA help. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2009, 05:33 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Dynasty recruiting issues- EA help.

Guys,

If you've seen this bug, post about it. If you haven't, don't. The only reason anyone should reply to this thread is if they've seen this bug. Otherwise, keep your comments to yourself.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #10
Rookie

buckeye cntry's Arena

OVR: 2

I looked through many other teams after I posted this. Most teams will have at least one player in their depth chart at every position (LT/RT LG/RG, LOLB/ROLB, etc.) Example: 1LT, 2RT. The team that I used in my dynasty to sim did not have the depth chart filled at every position. I don't know if this is something I changed within the settings that caused this.

When looking at other teams, I did notice at some positions: QB, HB, WR, CB, SS there could be as many as 8-12 players for these positions. All teams had at least 1 FB. On the offensive line, many teams only had 3 tackles or gaurds total. Most teams had 2 TE's. Most teams had 8 or 9 lineman total. On defense, DE's seemed short maybe 4 total leaving at least one for each side. DT's seemed okay, but did see a few teams with 3. Linebackers seemed okay, but not evenly distributed. Cornerbacks and safties seemed plentiful.

I think the main issue here is to have the players distributed equally within their position. Also, many teams are recruiting players that they don't need on there roster. I saw at least two teams with 9+ strong safeties. Not all positions are like this of course, but there are a few. This issue does seem better than last year. I think more people testing this out would help.

Last edited by buckeye cntry; 07-22-2009 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:41 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 39

How many teams is this happening to?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 05:46 PM   #12
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

I tested this, simmed to year 6 and found similar results. Some teams were completely fine with an occasional couple roster openings that look strange but thats suppose to be that way. Then I went to teams like florida and penn state and wisconsin then started to see problems. Florida had 5 fbs, 2 qbs, and 7 mlb's. Penn state had 3 hb's but one was obviously a walk-on, no te's, 1 fs, and 4 fbs. Wisconsin's problems were mainly with the linebackers having 2 rolb's and then 5 lolbs and had 2 lolbs better than the starting rolbs. Other teams had problems but these stuck out at me.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:49 PM   #13
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm not seeing any cases of 0 players at a position.

If it is user controlled team though, the CPU won't do position changes on you. Only on CPU controlled teams.

As far as over recruiting, what could happen is that the players the CPU targeted didn't get many other offers or other schools recruiting them and all ended up signing with him. The CPU won't cut players past 70, so I can see why they would end up with over recruiting certain positions.

For instance, I'm looking at Tulsa in year 2016. They have 7 QBs, 4 of them are freshmen. They are very weak at QB, so I can see why they went trying to recruit QBs.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:50 PM   #14
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
I tested this, simmed to year 6 and found similar results. Some teams were completely fine with an occasional couple roster openings that look strange but thats suppose to be that way. Then I went to teams like florida and penn state and wisconsin then started to see problems. Florida had 5 fbs, 2 qbs, and 7 mlb's. Penn state had 3 hb's but one was obviously a walk-on, no te's, 1 fs, and 4 fbs. Wisconsin's problems were mainly with the linebackers having 2 rolb's and then 5 lolbs and had 2 lolbs better than the starting rolbs. Other teams had problems but these stuck out at me.
Zero tight ends? Was this during the offseason? Because otherwise that spot will get filled with a walk on.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:53 PM   #15
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Guys,

If you've seen this bug, post about it. If you haven't, don't. The only reason anyone should reply to this thread is if they've seen this bug. Otherwise, keep your comments to yourself.
Agreed! It doesn't help us or the devs to speculate. Read about a bug then test for yourself. Come back and post your results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2009, 05:58 PM   #16
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Zero tight ends? Was this during the offseason? Because otherwise that spot will get filled with a walk on.
It was filled by 2 walk ons actually. I was looking through the ALL roster screen and missed them at the bottom. Responding to your previous post, recruiting 4 qbs because your weak at that postition is odd because you can only play 1 at a time recruiting 2 is fine and 3 is pushing the envelope. In real life, colleges offer dozens of qbs but usually accept only the first 2 to verbal depending on the need and to be able to offer the next year qbs. This goes for all postions but obviously the number changes. In a situation like tulsa's, something simulating that process would help a lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »