Home

Recruiting against question???

This is a discussion on Recruiting against question??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2009, 03:44 AM   #9
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Recruiting against question???

if he gets that mad face just do normal recruiting as opposed to recruiting against. I don't really recruit against anyway.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:50 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 21

ya that is high risk though, but im just wondering if its working if its making him mad, doesnt make much sense to me.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:36 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

this feature is frustrating me to, wish I knew how it worked maybe it would be useful, right now its along the same lines as mascot games with me aka disc padding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #12
Banned

rancor's Arena

OVR: 1

After really spending a lot of time recruiting, I think I may have some insight into the Recruiting Against option. I have listed some quick bullet points and a longer description as well. One note before I start, why wasn't this mentioned at all in the manual? Thanks EA, grade A job.

Here are some quick bullet points to recruiting against:
  • Positive numbers are good negative numbers are bad
  • There is generally only one pitch for each school which you can downplay and get positive numbers
  • Regardless of the pitch you downplay the recruit will get mad at you for recruiting against (nobody likes a trash talker)
  • Recruiting against actually takes less time that pitching your own team (1-2 mins as opposed to 6-9 mins)
  • Recruiting against can turn a recruit from a soft commit to another team to undecided
...And now a more lengthy discussion
When entering into the recruiting against option remember that you are trying to convince the recruit that the other school is not as good as they seem in a particular area. In particular, it is an area in which the recruit has some interest in.

Picking the pitch that the school has the highest rating in, combined with above average to most interest from the student, will result in the highest number of successive + numbers. In fact, in my experience, there is only one pitch for each school that you can recruit against and get positive numbers. This fact is part of my reasoning why + numbers are what you are going for.

I think of the whole recruiting against scenario like this: This other dastardly school has this one really good perk that you don't have, and both they (the dastard) and the recruit know it. When that school is recruiting the prospect, you better believe they really stress that one point. In recruiting against, you get a chance to convince the recruit that that one perk really isn't that great.

As I have above in the outlined bullets, it is important to realize that whatever option you choose, the recruit will get annoyed that you are trash talking. Also, remember that this option takes ~1 min at a time, so it is a good way to use up those few extra mins to get down to multiples of 5 before exiting (remember that once you exit a call your available minutes are rounded down to the nearest multiple of 5).

Honestly, I still don't know how to read the bar on the side of the screen in the recruiting against mode. I am at work now and forget if it say "Today's call" or "Interest". If it says "interest" I would hope it is referring to the recruits interest in the other team.

In summary, why in the world EA didn't include this in the game manual is beyond me, but I think I have got it partially figured out. While kind of interested, overall I think the recruiting against mode is kind of a waste. It has only benefited me in end of the season scenarios when the race for a recruit is really tight between me and another team. I have even turned a recruit off of a soft comitt to another team using this option.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:18 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
You hate all 120 teams them because every team does even fcs and d2
Not true at all. Some coaches do have honor and dignity unlike the Urban Meyers and Rich Rodriguez's of the world.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:21 AM   #14
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
Not true at all. Some coaches do have honor and dignity unlike the Urban Meyers and Rich Rodriguez's of the world.
LOL.

It's clear that you know nothing about football.

Yes, this is exactly why Rich Rodriguez just lost out on a recruit because he was the only one in the Big 10 to play by the "contact" rules with a recruit over the summer. Nice job.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancor
After really spending a lot of time recruiting, I think I may have some insight into the Recruiting Against option. I have listed some quick bullet points and a longer description as well. One note before I start, why wasn't this mentioned at all in the manual? Thanks EA, grade A job.

Here are some quick bullet points to recruiting against:
  • Positive numbers are good negative numbers are bad
  • There is generally only one pitch for each school which you can downplay and get positive numbers
  • Regardless of the pitch you downplay the recruit will get mad at you for recruiting against (nobody likes a trash talker)
  • Recruiting against actually takes less time that pitching your own team (1-2 mins as opposed to 6-9 mins)
  • Recruiting against can turn a recruit from a soft commit to another team to undecided
...And now a more lengthy discussion
god it kills me to cosign a buckeye post like this but this is spot on. this has been pretty much my experience and have done a lot of recruiting over the last week

one tip i would add is that i think you have better luck with "sway" if you hard sell those positive categories before attempting to sway. this was something i always did last year and it works again this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2009, 11:29 AM   #16
Banned

rancor's Arena

OVR: 1

thanks for the props and the note about the hard sell trick. will give that a try.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »