Home

Facemask question

This is a discussion on Facemask question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 02:07 AM   #1
t27
Rookie

t27's Arena

OVR: 2
Facemask question

Is anyone else getting alot of facemask penalties in their game? Does trying to strip the ball cause this to happen? I'm hesitant to lower the slider if its going to allow for more fumbles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 02:17 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Facemask question

Quote:
Originally Posted by t27
Is anyone else getting alot of facemask penalties in their game? Does trying to strip the ball cause this to happen? I'm hesitant to lower the slider if its going to allow for more fumbles.
Yeah, are you putting the gameplan setting on agressive? Cause if so, you will see a lot of facemask penalties. I would suggest putting it on conservative, but you can put it on normal if you like.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:19 AM   #3
t27
Rookie

t27's Arena

No, I had the gameplan on conservative but still managed to pull 8 facemask penalties. I think the average football game only has 2-3 facemask calls!
Old 07-28-2009, 02:20 AM   #4
t27
Rookie

t27's Arena

I meant "balanced"
Old 07-28-2009, 02:33 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

If it's on normal, try just putting it to conservative. And if that doesn't work, then I don't know what to do, other than moving the slider down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 02:56 AM   #6
Rookie

gotvols's Arena

OVR: 3

I have noticed this alot. I have my fasemask setting at 100 since I use Playmakers varisty sliders. The CPU gets called for them more than I do, but it's crazy on how many times it's called during the game. There was one drive where I got like 45 yards just by the computer getting called for facemasks. I think I'm going to lower it a little so I don't feel like I'm cheating or maybe the CPU is just playing with an aggressive gameplan.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #7
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotvols
I have noticed this alot. I have my fasemask setting at 100 since I use Playmakers varisty sliders. The CPU gets called for them more than I do, but it's crazy on how many times it's called during the game. There was one drive where I got like 45 yards just by the computer getting called for facemasks. I think I'm going to lower it a little so I don't feel like I'm cheating or maybe the CPU is just playing with an aggressive gameplan.
I have my facemask slider at 45 and NEVER use aggressive for the setting that trriggers them, issue solved. You don't need to max out holding, clipping, or facemask, the game LOVES to call those.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »