Home

Run Committ.....WTF?

This is a discussion on Run Committ.....WTF? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2009, 07:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Run Committ.....WTF?

So EA is telling us,that if a guy chooses run commit.His entire defense will just shoot every gap and blitz the heck out of my offensive line.Leave WRs unattended for a split second.That **** is so unrealistic. Guys have used this playing qtrs against run formations....TOTALLY UNREALISTIC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 08:35 AM   #2
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4
Icon14 Re: Run Committ.....WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONAFIDE
So EA is telling us,that if a guy chooses run commit.His entire defense will just shoot every gap and blitz the heck out of my offensive line.Leave WRs unattended for a split second.That **** is so unrealistic. Guys have used this playing qtrs against run formations....TOTALLY UNREALISTIC.

Hmm, maybe English wasn't your favorite class, but damn!

LRN2GRAMMAR.

I do agree though. I hate the see someone in Quarter defense, thinking I might be able to break a decent run with my power back only to be brought down by one of their three damn lineman. Frustrating as anything.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:39 AM   #3
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Run Committ.....WTF?

Yes. The run commit option/pre-snap strategy is not implemented well. Therefore, I refuse to use it vs. the CPU. The movement for the DL is far too exaggerated for my taste and realism.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:20 AM   #4
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

I've really tweaked sliders to assist the CPU run game on AA (my run D slider is at zero) but agree the run commit is too powerful UNLESS you choose run commit left or right and the play goes the opposite way.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:27 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

its no more powerful than sending the house in real life. someone is gonna blow the play up 9 times out of 10 if you commit to stopping the run. I actually love it because when they come busting through i just hit a wide open wr for 6.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2009, 10:42 AM   #6
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

When I first figured out what it does, my thought was that it was pretty exaggerated, but could be useful. I could see how it could get to be pretty cheesy against the CPU, though.

The nice thing about it, I guess, is that it's far too easy to pick up 4 yards on a QB sneak on 3rd and 1, and it has been for years. But having something that basically breaks the play if I guess it basically reduces NCAA 10 to Tecmo Bowl!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »