Home

WTF!!!!???

This is a discussion on WTF!!!!??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 12:38 PM   #9
Banned

rancor's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: WTF!!!!???

If anything, you should have gotten an unsportsmanlike for drilling the HB 10 yards out of bounds!
Old 07-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #10
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Icon7 Re: WTF!!!!???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancor
If anything, you should have gotten an unsportsmanlike for drilling the HB 10 yards out of bounds!
hahaha
Old 07-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #11
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Someone posted a vid last week or so of a ND CPU receiver getting bumped a good 2 yards out of bounds at the 6 yard line or so and then continuing his run, dragging defenders for the TD. If you want to see the vid, I think the thread's called "Just like in real life, ND cheats" or something.

Anywho, judging by that story, yours, and the TD replayed back to the 1 yard line thing, it seems pretty obvious that the EA guys have screwed up the placement of the field skins. IE, the left sideline is at X=0, but they mistakenly put the field skin at X=2 yards. Thus, if you're 2 yards "out of bounds" on the field, you're really still inbounds since the field is shifted.

If you wanted to test it, you could try the same field (it's likely only an issue with certain fields) and try running to the same place this guy scored on you and see if you're out of bounds.
Here's the video he is talking about (Haha, they finally closed that thread? It should have been closed after page 5. I knew the title would get attention, but not like I wanted.)

I'm agreeing with his hypothesis for what the issue is. It's either that or just a glitch, because I have been pushed out at the 2 yard line before. There might just be a little spot where the OB line didn't get "drawn" in somehow.

Last edited by Roggie; 07-29-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 15

Oh the humanity!!!

I love the use of the word "cheating", as if the computer used some sort of advanced AI to rob a user of something.

This stuff is just funny.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:30 PM   #13
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
Oh the humanity!!!

I love the use of the word "cheating", as if the computer used some sort of advanced AI to rob a user of something.

This stuff is just funny.
What do you call it when the computer does feats and actions that are highly uncharacteristic of the team they are using?

Or when all of a sudden your bullseye qb has every pass tipped by faster than life lineman only to have the passes intercepted over and over.

Or when your sure handed receivers can't catch a single pass in the second half.

I call it "cheating"
Old 07-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by chia
What do you call it when the computer does feats and actions that are highly uncharacteristic of the team they are using?

Or when all of a sudden your bullseye qb has every pass tipped by faster than life lineman only to have the passes intercepted over and over.

Or when your sure handed receivers can't catch a single pass in the second half.

I call it "cheating"
You want to know what I call it? I call it a game.

Then I go grab my kids, go to the park and have some fun.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #15
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancor

thats prolly why the cpu gave themselves a TD...OK you wanna drill my players outta bounds...TAKE THAT...6 ON THA BOARD...LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 01:59 PM   #16
MVP

chia's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
You want to know what I call it? I call it a game.

Then I go grab my kids, go to the park and have some fun.
Maybe you should have had them at the park instead of chiming in on this topic considering you had nothing worthwhile to offer

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »