Home

Gameplay alone: With a great patch, this game can be better than Madden

This is a discussion on Gameplay alone: With a great patch, this game can be better than Madden within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2009, 04:05 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Gameplay alone: With a great patch, this game can be better than Madden

A lot of the patches I think NCAA needs are of the visual variety. Weird stuff like gray sleeves seem like patchable issues. I was pleasantly shocked that the sliders were totally redone in the first patch. That was awesome, but I don't expect those types of gameplay upgrades with each patch. Personally, the gameplay of NCAA is pretty good right now. I can blow teams out and still feel like I had to really work for every score. In games I've lost, I've made stupid mistakes that should cost me the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 08:23 AM   #42
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

I agree that the gray sleeves do get annoying lol but they can't patch it. They can't patch artwork into the game if I am not mistaken. I agree with rhombic that the FG kicking strength is too high. There is just no way a kicker with 85KPW should be nailing 50 yarders on the regullar. But on this game you can.

I would like to see kickoff strength increased just a little and FG strength lowered some.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 8

NCAA 10 game play is better than Madden 10. Madden is just way to slow. The players look like midgets. When you drop back to pass, you have way too much time to look around in Madden and the passes are way to slow. I think they slowed it down too much. The only thing Madden has over NCAA is the looks and cutscenes and that will get old after a while.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:01 AM   #44
Rookie

GatorFan1963's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumEffort
NCAA 10 game play is better than Madden 10. Madden is just way to slow. The players look like midgets. When you drop back to pass, you have way too much time to look around in Madden and the passes are way to slow. I think they slowed it down too much. The only thing Madden has over NCAA is the looks and cutscenes and that will get old after a while.
How many times does someone have to say that Madden has a game speed slider for someone to listen?

I think you guys are forgetting that the Madden demo was a highly stripped down version of the final product. Hell, there wasn't even any commentary or post game stuff. This isn't a fair comparison until the game drops in a couple weeks.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 8

How are sliders going to help me when I play online.I have seen video of the final product and its still slow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 10:52 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 11

I don't know usually I like NCAA more but I'm really liking the madden demo for some reason. As much as I like gameplay, I have to say the graphics in Madden are so nice they alone are making me consider switching. I didn't think the gameplay was bad either, but we'll have to wait for the retail version to judge
Old 08-01-2009, 11:00 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTiger81
I will say this. Madden and NCAA have their pros and they have their cons. THey have their ups and they have their downs. PERSONALLY i love college football 10,000 times more than NFL football where its all about the money, while the passion of the game is lost somewhere in the player's overprice contract. (JOHN HENDERSON, REDSKINS FANS, BEWARE, ITS COMING)
this is completely off topic, but nothing frustrates me more than people claiming that in college the guys try harder. You have to realize that the top college players are trying to show to nfl scouts that they can play in the NFL, where they get the money/fame/etc that you are talking about. Not to mention how some of the top college programs get into scandals all the time about players skipping classes, getting paid under the table, getting away with stuff normal students wouldn't.

In the NFL you have guys who are more of a media circus like TO and ochocinco but on one hand they see it as a form of entertainment, and for the few players who try promoting themselves 95% of the league just shuts up and plays the game like they are supposed to.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:42 AM   #48
Rookie

ClemsonTiger81's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
this is completely off topic, but nothing frustrates me more than people claiming that in college the guys try harder. You have to realize that the top college players are trying to show to nfl scouts that they can play in the NFL, where they get the money/fame/etc that you are talking about. Not to mention how some of the top college programs get into scandals all the time about players skipping classes, getting paid under the table, getting away with stuff normal students wouldn't.

In the NFL you have guys who are more of a media circus like TO and ochocinco but on one hand they see it as a form of entertainment, and for the few players who try promoting themselves 95% of the league just shuts up and plays the game like they are supposed to.
On many, many occasions as soon as players signs that bank, signs that absolutely crazy-high, overpaid contract, their performance drops off quicker than the stock market did in october. The list is simply too long to go down. General rule, bust your a$$ when you are a rookie, become a pro-bowler by year 3 or 4, and then sign that bank. Then at age 28 mentally retire while still playing hal-a$$ football on the field so ESPN can report..."what happened to this guy? It must be the lack of chemistry with his new team. Or...his teammates are jealous and they can't get along" I would rather a player skip class or get paid under the table but give 100% on the field than that crap. EVERY program is crooked man, i say that again, every program in America has, will or is currently breaking NCAA rules. Let's face it, call the NCAA what it is, it's the minor leagues, the farm league to the NFL, its AAA football. That is all it is. It is the most glorified, most followed and most exciting minor league in the USA. If you are a star someone is slipping you money in pocket for something no matter what program you play for. And that will never change either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »