Home

If you think the CPU cheats. If you believe in "comeback code" Video for you

This is a discussion on If you think the CPU cheats. If you believe in "comeback code" Video for you within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2009, 11:40 AM   #41
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: If you think the CPU cheats. If you believe in "comeback code" Video for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavejorn
There is actually a piece of code programmed in the game that enables the AI to turn up its 'A' game. You can toggle this on or off in Madden '09 in the menu before starting a Franchise. The same code (slightly modified) exists in NCAA Football, but can't be turned off.
I call BS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: If you think the CPU cheats. If you believe in "comeback code" Video for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
Anyone who says there is no kind of come back AI is playing a different game than I am. Every time I go up by a big margin over even a sorry team I can count on 2 things

1. My guy will fumble no matter how much I protect the ball. The only way to stop this is to run out of bounds which is the one thing you shouldn't do if you are leading.

2. They will have a play where no matter what you do, they will find the endzone by breaking multiple tackles. This can by a WR breaking LB tackles, then CB tackles and finally SS tackle to get in the endzone or a RB breaking the DL, the LB, The CB, and the SS tackles. No matter what you try to do, you cannot tackle them.

If you have never seen this, then I would like to trade copies with you
I've seen both and have found that with #1 changing your gameplan to conservative helps a ton. I also avoid giving the ball to my fullback as for some reason EA has thought for years that all fullbacks fumble like Alstott or Bettis did early in their careers. QBs also tend to fumble more frequently, too, so I avoid running with them if possible when clinging to a lead.

#2 has been in every challenging football game I've ever played, but the better games don't have it happen every game. So far, it happens about one in 4 games to me on average, and never in the 4th quarter. Maybe I've been lucky so far.

I don't think there is necessarily a hard-coded "comeback" code that kicks in, though I am certain there IS momentum (though it is not transparent in the form of a meter anymore) and the CPU calls more "money" plays for them down the stretch when trailing.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:11 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
I call BS.

Ok, don't believe me then. I don't care.

I'm just trying to give some hints to you people, but whatever...
Old 08-02-2009, 09:05 AM   #44
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

I honestly don't know if there is "comeback code" but I would NOT be surprised if there is to try and keep more games competitive.

What I do believe is there is overriding individual game code that determines the nature of each game. For example, the CPU seems to predetermine if a game will be a defensive game, a run-fest, a pass-fest, or CPU goin' off on you.

If not, each game would play similarly to team/player ratings, you could play a CPU versus CPU matchup 10 times and see a similar contest. But that's never been what occurs.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:41 PM   #45
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I have yet to see any hint of comeback code.

LOL @ the guy who's pounding his chest for playing Heisman and talking down to people for playing lesser levels. Some people just don't get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 12:43 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
I love the comments, the false bravado, of losers who never played football.

I play on Varsity and am having a great time with the game. The point is people complain of cheating and comeback code and how the cpu picks their zones apart.

I don't see that on Varsity which is why I play on Varsity.

LOL at the guys who feel playing a video game on a high level is an accomplishment.
hahahaha no doubt... I have been playing these games (Madden and NCAA) since both first came out, and I always play on a medium setting, and then adjust other options accordingly. I guess that makes me TERRIBLE at the game.... for finding a way to have realistic stats...
Old 08-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #47
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavejorn
Ok, don't believe me then. I don't care.

I'm just trying to give some hints to you people, but whatever...
And you know this about their code how?
Old 08-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #48
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott812313
0-16
id just like to let you know that i laughed at this for a good 20-30 seconds, seeing that i am a green bay fan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »