Home

Recruiting questions to anyone who can help

This is a discussion on Recruiting questions to anyone who can help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #1
Rookie

ClemsonTiger81's Arena

OVR: 6
Recruiting questions to anyone who can help

OK, so i have been playing NCAA games since '98 on PS1. I never have had a real problem recruiting until EA released this new format back in NCAA 2008 with the smiley/mad football and phone call hangups. I am now kind of lost, ashamed to admit it, but i am lost.

1. I will get a green football and a smile, and will lost ground on the recruit

2. I will "downplay" the other teams pitches and get " + " signs on the interest level bar but yet he will hang up on me? Is downplay worth it?

3. I will sway pitch, a little green "up" arrow appears and the next week i have stayed even with him and gained no ground.

4. I did DLC to see how much certain teams were spending on certain players and according to that teams spend all 10 hours on like 7 or 8 players and leave the rest of the board untouched???

5. I am lost. How does one get players to commit or hell....even gain interest during the regular season. Off-season i am still fine but i cant get even one commitment in the regular season and this is with players that have me #1 on their list and they just took an "A" or "A-" visit.

Any help is much appreciated on this. And I play with a 5-star program in the ACC. Thanks guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
Rookie

ClemsonTiger81's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Recruiting questions to anyone who can help

any suggestions?
Old 08-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

If you want to be effective, quick and a little cheesy...go here: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...tep-guide.html

Otherwise...you can check out stuff here...

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ng-thread.html
Old 08-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #4
Rookie

radoslaw77's Arena

OVR: 2

I pick 20 guys. Guys with interest in me - top 5 or 6. Or maybe an in-state guy I need that has no interest in me. Then I give 40 minutes auto-call to the top 10, and 20 minutes auto-call to the bottom 10. Then the week before their visit, I talk to them myself. Then the week of the visit, I talk to them myself. Then I auto-call till the end of the season. If I'm close with another team, I'll talk myself and hard call, and sway.

Then in the off-season, I promise stuff I can deliver, and hard call and sway. Works for me.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #5
Pro

osubucksfan47's Arena

OVR: 10

1. The green smiling football means the recruit is happy at the moment, but whatever you do could change that.

2. When you are downplaying something you want to get a "-", otherwise you're helping out the team you're recruiting against. In general though, downplaying something doesn't go on for too long before the recruit hangs up, so save it for the end of your calls.

3. When you sway a pitch you're trying to make it more important to the recruit. If successful, you will get something like +43 and it will go from Average to Above Average or something like that.

4. I don't have any DLC, can't help you there other than to say I guess the schools focus most of their in-season recruiting on a few top-notch guys, so some lower tier players may be more accessible if you can't recruit with the big dogs.

5. Do you offer them scholarships and spend a lot of time on recruits? I don't know exactly what you do so I can't really get too specific. A lot of recruits commit during the off-season after visits though.

Hope this helps
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »