Home

I've officially seen it all.....

This is a discussion on I've officially seen it all..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36
I've officially seen it all.....

After reading many post about how the computer cheats and comeback codes and so on, all I have to say is WOW! or WTF!

Now! I'm not going to break down all the stats and rehash every play....but I was leading 35-17 at halftime, when NC State's QB exploded.

Look at these numbers

(RS) Sophomore......WOW! Now I know FSU doesn't have the best defense, but dam.

Are all your games like this on Heisman?

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 11:10 PM   #2
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: I've officially seen it all.....

Heisman is so BS, I can't stand to play it. AA seems more realistic to me. But I had games like this.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 08-02-2009, 11:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes! I only play on AA.. and I can't figure out how to stop the QB. They are getting like a 75%+ completion rating on me. I try everything. I start the game off good.. Get a good lead and then its all downhill trying to stop them.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #4
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

It's like at halftime, they get one hell of a speech from the coach!
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 08-03-2009, 01:40 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

This is pretty much the way it has been for the last about 10 years or so. That is the problem with playing the CPU, though. They can only make the CPU so "smart", even with the current technology, so, they have to give it an edge to stay competitive.

This leads to "juiced CPU syndrome" where no matter what you do, the CPU can not be stopped. It also allows the CPU to "know" what play you are calling.

What they really need to do is what the best sports games have done and have sliders for all aspects of the game that are the difficulty instead of the same pre-programmed AI difficulty that has been around forever.

From my experience, any game that has the sliders all set to the same level for all difficulties does not really incorporate them that well into the game, especially on the highest difficulties. Whilst those that have the sliders set to different levels for the different difficulties seem to be much more effective and actually effect the gameplay in a meaningful and very noticeable way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 01:57 AM   #6
Banned

IRISHFBFAN1's Arena

OVR: 8

yea, most of the guys on here are right, ALL AMERICAN is the way to go, you may want to adjust, I am not real good, decent but maybe not as good as you guys so you may have to tinker with the new sliders and whatever. But AA is the best way to go
Old 08-03-2009, 02:30 AM   #7
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

/Thread
Old 08-03-2009, 03:49 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
Of course there are huge comebacks in real life... surprised you went back 29 years to find an example. There's usually at least one big comeback every year.

But that's the thing, there are so many games in a season, and it is a very rare thing. It seems like in the video game, it is common. And even in the Holiday Bowl, McMahon only hit 65% of his passes compared to this guy's 75%. That's the other thing. It's a lot more annoying when the other team doesn't seem to even miss a pass in a whole half of football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »