Home

Passing when down...

This is a discussion on Passing when down... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2009, 06:03 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Passing when down...

So i've had a few games lately where i have been down a few TD's (against really good players) and i'm trying to come back but the man coverage is killing me. They are obviously "playing the pass" on every play and im thinking they also adjusting their defensive strategy. What defensive strategy would make man coverage tighter? This is only against good players with good defenses. Like over level 10 players who know how to use the strategies to their advantage.

Nothing works and i dont scramble so that's not the issue.. no crossing routes, nothing!! My wr's get KILLED at the line and sometimes it takes 2 or more seconds just for my WR's to get free. By then their DE's and curling alllll the way around into the pocket. And i SWEAR i dont drop back... if anything i take a step or two FORWARD to avoid the ends in this year's game.

I had my running and catching set on conservative... could that be something? I had everything else on balanced. I'm so annoyed. Against most players i can kill man to man if i know it's coming.

I'm 28-11 online for what it's worth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 06:57 PM   #2
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Passing when down...

i absolutely played the worst game ive ever played today in my OD , the dude was fsu and i was miami i threw 9interceptions , seemed like everything i threw would go to his players , i couldnt score coulndt do anything against him
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Old 08-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty199127
i absolutely played the worst game ive ever played today in my OD , the dude was fsu and i was miami i threw 9interceptions , seemed like everything i threw would go to his players , i couldnt score coulndt do anything against him
Well everyone has those days... but in my situation the guy was running the same straight up man defense on every play and he had my receivers on LOCK... they were bumping the heck out of my guys and it took 2+ sec for them just to get off the bump... It was crazy..

Basically i just wanna know how he did it.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:26 PM   #4
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrierwv75
Well everyone has those days... but in my situation the guy was running the same straight up man defense on every play and he had my receivers on LOCK... they were bumping the heck out of my guys and it took 2+ sec for them just to get off the bump... It was crazy..

Basically i just wanna know how he did it.
im not a football guru , but i kinda have the same situation , all my recievers were locked down couldnt get open and he still got pressure on me , i know he did somethen to his strategy , cause it took him a munute to be finished selecting his strategy
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Old 08-04-2009, 08:36 PM   #5
Pro

Dino's Arena

OVR: 6

If they press throw the slant to your left. All Receivers break to the right on press D so the left WR will break to his right and give you a target with the CB now behind your WR and have him open across the left/middle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 09:37 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino
If they press throw the slant to your left. All Receivers break to the right on press D so the left WR will break to his right and give you a target with the CB now behind your WR and have him open across the left/middle.
I'm not quite sure what you mean...
Old 08-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrierwv75
I'm not quite sure what you mean...
Lol throw a slant to the receiver on the left side a couple times and/or some post to the same wr
Old 08-04-2009, 10:18 PM   #8
Redskins Pride

OVR: 6

I forget the football terminology b/c i'm like two margs in right now but if you audible the receiver with Y and then press up on the R stick you should be able to beat the coverage on a fly pattern. at least that's what it said in the Madden 09 guidebook ...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »