Home

NCAA Football 10 - Why I think happend

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 - Why I think happend within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 03:33 PM   #9
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Football 10 - Why I think happend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
Title Should Read: Why I think it happened.

Here is my theory behind the rash of issues we are having with the game (not that I have any inside info).

My explanation for the majority of issues of concern is that they simply copied the wrong version of the game to the final disc. In other words V25.6 went on the disc instead of V28 (for example)

All of the below were either promised to be fixed, or even confirmed to be fixed by Adam and others at EA:

-Rosters (confirmed that they uploaded the wrong version)
-Sliders (fixed last year)
-Proper schedule rotation (from a blog post)
-Dynasty progression (I am sure Adam did a test where he saw only a few dozen people with a 90+ rating)
(I'm sure I am missing a few)

To our surprise, these never made it to the disc.

Could all of this be attributed to poor file management?
Well I think we can all asume that this type of mess reguardless of how this happened, is attributed to poor leadership and disorganization.
Old 08-05-2009, 03:50 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 8

I don't buy that theory. Also, Sliders were not fixed last year.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:02 PM   #11
HST
Banned

OVR: 2

Off topic, but I've experienced another "glitch" that I haven't seen mentioned. When I bought the game I removed the plastic and when I opened the box it shot a liquid that seemed like a combination of battery acid and pepper spray into my eyes. "I doubt they programmed it to do that," I thought.

While my face and retinas felt as though they were swimming in fire, I heard a faint ticking sound. "I wonder if 60 Minutes is about to come on." Nope. The game then exploded, sending shrapnel into my chest, neck and face area. "Damnit, EA!" My left hand was blown completely off.

Thankfully the game was still intact. Cautiosly, I placed the disc into my PS3. Everything was loading up and seemed just fine. At the very moment I hit X to start a new dynasty, three Italian guys kicked in my door and began to beat me with what appeared to be pool balls stuffed into pillow cases. "Dang it." One of them cut off my left thumb, but he didn't realize I was wearing a prosthetic hand. "This day isn't turning out so bad," I said to myself. Perhaps this wasn't a waste of $60 afterall.

Anyway, I'm hoping these things can fixed with a patch later.

I decided to play it safe and just read the manual. Well, as soon as I opened it a swarm of angry bees covered my entire head. It's just a game, so I don't expect it to be perfect.

It'll never be perfect. What's annoying, though, is that I specifically asked in the '10 wishlist that the game not be packaged with stinging insects. Maybe they can patch in the ability to turn off the ravenous swarms of bees. That way people who like the raging bees can still enjoy the game while those of us who are allergic can have it our way. Everybody wins, you know?

Just to keep it safe, I've been playing Mascot Mashup while wearing a Hazmat suit in case any toxic gases are released.

Overall it's a huge improvement over '09 if you ask me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 04:16 PM   #12
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

honestly i think the team started with the 09 format,and progressed on with ideas and madden team came in and said the hell with this lets start from scratch. back at the ranch ncaa team was like "awwh damn, they switched everything up on us" they made due was able to include small parts of what they could from madden ten. during the transfer older files either wasn't archived, deleted or new got erased and when the disc was wrote we ended up with what we have now.

the game aint that bad the first patch helps alot and i'm sure the second will too. i see the game pretty close to madden 10 next year. its a shame this all happened but a lesson learned. after this experience i think things will change, to me it sounds like more micromanaging needs to be done.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:32 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HST
Off topic, but I've experienced another "glitch" that I haven't seen mentioned. When I bought the game I removed the plastic and when I opened the box it shot a liquid that seemed like a combination of battery acid and pepper spray into my eyes. "I doubt they programmed it to do that," I thought.

While my face and retinas felt as though they were swimming in fire, I heard a faint ticking sound. "I wonder if 60 Minutes is about to come on." Nope. The game then exploded, sending shrapnel into my chest, neck and face area. "Damnit, EA!" My left hand was blown completely off.

Thankfully the game was still intact. Cautiosly, I placed the disc into my PS3. Everything was loading up and seemed just fine. At the very moment I hit X to start a new dynasty, three Italian guys kicked in my door and began to beat me with what appeared to be pool balls stuffed into pillow cases. "Dang it." One of them cut off my left thumb, but he didn't realize I was wearing a prosthetic hand. "This day isn't turning out so bad," I said to myself. Perhaps this wasn't a waste of $60 afterall.

Anyway, I'm hoping these things can fixed with a patch later.

I decided to play it safe and just read the manual. Well, as soon as I opened it a swarm of angry bees covered my entire head. It's just a game, so I don't expect it to be perfect.

It'll never be perfect. What's annoying, though, is that I specifically asked in the '10 wishlist that the game not be packaged with stinging insects. Maybe they can patch in the ability to turn off the ravenous swarms of bees. That way people who like the raging bees can still enjoy the game while those of us who are allergic can have it our way. Everybody wins, you know?

Just to keep it safe, I've been playing Mascot Mashup while wearing a Hazmat suit in case any toxic gases are released.

Overall it's a huge improvement over '09 if you ask me.
LOL...Is 60 Minutes on?.....hahahaha
Old 08-05-2009, 06:01 PM   #14
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

I think you may be on to something here. I've been lately about how there are so many things that they said they were going to make a point to do, and then they didn't do them.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #15
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

the thing to keep in mind is that you'll never really know.....

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 08:07 PM   #16
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
I think you may be on to something here. I've been lately about how there are so many things that they said they were going to make a point to do, and then they didn't do them.
It really is quite baffling, from simple things like Iowa's facemasks to rosters to sliders. Of course Adam and everyone else at EA are silent on all the real issues like this. Only chiming in when they can refute what has been said.

Then you look at Ian, who, from everything I've seen, has tackled issues head on. After Gameflying it with the intent to keep and buy it from them, it was surprisingly easy for me to send it back. I'll rent it again after the next patch to see if they've made any kind of improvement to anything important that will actually allow me to start an online dynasty, but after all the fopaws so far, my expectations have sunk to new lows.

Thanks for the very slight gameplay improvements. They kept me entertained for a couple days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »