Home

gamestop deal

This is a discussion on gamestop deal within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 09:39 AM   #17
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: gamestop deal

To do this deal, do you need a coupon or anything? I think I am going to do this, but I don't know if you need your store reciept that you bought NCAA 10 at Gamestop, or a coupon, or whatever else.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:54 AM   #18
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22

Im sorry guys but I work at a gamecrazy which is like gamestop, we have people come in all the time and get offended when they find out that they are not going to get the 60 bucks for the game like what they paid for it. The used games are how these places make their money. The trade-in value for NCAA right now is $30 and then they will sell it for 44.99. If you are a person that buys used games then be thankful for places like gamestop or gamecrazy because when you buy a new release title used you save 15 bucks, idk about you but I would like to pay 44.99 rather than 59.99. If you don't like shoping at these stores then go buy/sell your games on craigslist or ebay. The used game market is what it is, they need to make a profit somehow. Here is a little bit of info for you, when we sell a PS3 or an X360, the company makes a whole $6 and when they sell a new game they make a whole whopping $1. Im not trying to be confrontational, but I hear people complain way to much about these places when they continually shop there.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #19
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

Plus many of these stores are in malls which charge $6,000-10,000 a month in rent PLUS take 2% of your sales. The time table for a used game is short also. Take NCAA for example this time next year the game will be $19 used.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #20
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
Plus many of these stores are in malls which charge $6,000-10,000 a month in rent PLUS take 2% of your sales. The time table for a used game is short also. Take NCAA for example this time next year the game will be $19 used.
all sports titles drop 25% after the first month, trade-in value that is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »