Home

Dynasties of Years Past

This is a discussion on Dynasties of Years Past within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2009, 11:06 PM   #1
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Talking Dynasties of Years Past

So I was just thinking about the first dynasty I ever did.

My First Dynasty was in 2003 and I went with Ole Miss(idk why I picked them, it was just random)
back when they had Eli I believe...
I went 11-1 and won the National Championship.(back then I only played one season)
Those were the good ol' days...
I want to know...what's the first dynasty you ever did or the farthest back you can remember?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 11:15 PM   #2
MVP

ElroyJetson's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Dynasties of Years Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndhusker90

My First Dynasty was in 2003 and I went with Ole Miss(idk why I picked them, it was just random)
I went 11-1 and won the National Championship.(back then I only played one season)
I want to know...what's the first dynasty you ever did or the farthest back you can remember?
ncaa 04 the one with carson palmer, me and my brother would rent it and start our dynasty's together we were both young so we were excited we played the games that were big time, then we got the ncaa with fitzgearld on it for gamecube , that was awesome, i would name all the players on miami lsu and michigan , and we would play it non stop
Minnesota Vikings
JetLife
Old 08-05-2009, 11:16 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:

The first one I can remember was a Cal dynasty. I remember winning 7 or 8 games each of the first two years before my team got decent enough to challenge the big boys.

I also remember distinctly recruiting a 2-star QB my first year and watching him grow into a starter and finish his career with a Pac-10 championship. He got drafted in the 3rd round of my Niners Madden franchise (by me of course) and led them to a Super Bowl a few years later.

Great memories.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:17 PM   #4
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorty199127
ncaa 04 the one with carson palmer, me and my brother would rent it and start our dynasty's together we were both young so we were excited we played the games that were big time, then we got the ncaa with fitzgearld on it for gamecube , that was awesome, i would name all the players on miami lsu and michigan , and we would play it non stop
haha yeah, but I always hated naming the players back when I had the gamecube.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:20 PM   #5
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminKG21
The first one I can remember was a Cal dynasty. I remember winning 7 or 8 games each of the first two years before my team got decent enough to challenge the big boys.

I also remember distinctly recruiting a 2-star QB my first year and watching him grow into a starter and finish his career with a Pac-10 championship. He got drafted in the 3rd round of my Niners Madden franchise (by me of course) and led them to a Super Bowl a few years later.

Great memories.
I loved exporting my draft classes and seeing how players I used in NCAA did in Madden. Although I don't do that anymore, I just don't have the time for NCAA and Madden...[sigh]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2009, 11:31 PM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

my first was with NCAA 98, I believe I ran with Michigan that year. don't remember any details though, afterall, it was 12 years ago.

actually I think I used them in '99 as well. I don't remember off the top of my head which version was the first to have create-a-school, but I usually used a created team for my main dynasty team once it came out. then ran a short dynasty with Texas Tech.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-05-2009, 11:34 PM   #7
TNT
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ohhhh, you had to ask

The first NCAA I got was in 2002, which I think was the first year they made them for the PS2, but I could be wrong. That was also the year I got an Xbox, and I had the game on two consoles that year (that was the Joey Harrington cover, wasn't it?) Anyway, if that's the year Eric Crouch (Heisman winner from Nebraska) was a senior then that's the one I'm talking about.

I was a huuuuge Eric Crouch fan despite not being a Nebraska fan, and did my first dynasty then when I was 11 years old. I won the Big 12 and National Championship and then had to recruit another quarterback who ended up being really good for two years until I moved on to do another (Nebraska was too easy, but I remember that QB wearing #15 and OWNING in the flexbone).

I don't remember the years on the others, but I'm pretty sure I did one of the following on 2002 and one on 2003. I did a Buffalo and Connecticut at some point (when they were still independents if I remember right). I still have the most vivid memory of my 3-star halfback recruit, Henry Addis #45, he was the only 3-star recruit in the class and I used the crap out of him. Ah, the good ole days...

Great thread idea btw
Old 08-05-2009, 11:41 PM   #8
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

My first dynasty was with Purdue on the Ps1. Dree Brees was the QB. My second was with Georgia when Quincy Carter was in college. Ya'll youngins don't know about those days haha. Just teasing.

The funny thing is I am a die hard Miami and LSU fan. I just had mad love for Drew and Quincy's games back then. Those dudes were great college QB's. Drew was one of the best I've seen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »