Home

Online Dynasties Annoying?

This is a discussion on Online Dynasties Annoying? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2009, 08:58 AM   #9
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Online Dynasties Annoying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
# 1It's hard to find the right one to join when you want a specific team.
Yea, i agree that this can be difficult, but try to focus on playing with a good group of guys first... that is more important than your team selection when your just getting started. If the group is good, at some point you guys will start over... the next year or whatever... and then you can put in your request for a specific team and guys will take it more seriously because you were a good owner in the past.

Quote:
# 2 Why do I wanna play a bunch of CPU games? Why do people continue to not put all user players in the same conference?
Anyone else agree?
Well, the main reason you have guys split across conferences is to keep the dynasty moving at a nice pace. At my age, i have 2 kids, a full time job and two side businesses... it's hard for me to schedule ALL user games.

I prefer a two conference setup ACC/SEC type... with 3 guys in each sub conference. That provides a solid number of user games just on the bases of your conference schedule... we usually limit user v user games to 5 per season.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 08-06-2009, 08:59 AM   #10
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
cause i'm too lazy to keep track, and plus i gotta find players. and they only let u commish one dynasty at a time. u want in one if i make it?
Thread should've stopped there. Take some action yourself.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #11
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Icon5 Re: Online Dynasties Annoying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I actually prefer the human players spread across different conferences, leads to possible National championship/bowl game match-ups. I wouldn't like everyone in the same conference. I don't mind playing the CPU, but then again I'm a long time Dynasty mode only player.
This seems strange to do. It seems like your OD's purpose is to potentially play one game against a real opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #12
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4

I really don't like having everybody in one conference. Personally, I view an online dynasty more as competing for recruits and maintaining/building your program up, not simply for playing other humans.
I like the idea of split conferences, actually having like 2-3 among 3-4 conferences, that way you can have people fighting for conference championships and possibly having users going at it in the national championship game or bowl games.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:20 AM   #13
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
Thread should've stopped there. Take some action yourself.
Like I said they only let you commish one dynasty, and I am already planning out a local high school dynasty, so that's my one dynasty.

Last edited by TN - BRAVES FAN; 08-06-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #14
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
This seems strange to do. It seems like your OD's purpose is to potentially play one game against a real opponent.
No, you can still schedule human games during the regular season as well. With all humans in one conference, there is no way to meet another human in a bowl game. It's kinda of an anti-climatic season. You have this epic season of everyone playing against each other, but in the end everyone just destroys the cpu in a bowl game.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:58 AM   #15
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I actually prefer the human players spread across different conferences, leads to possible National championship/bowl game match-ups. I wouldn't like everyone in the same conference. I don't mind playing the CPU, but then again I'm a long time Dynasty mode only player.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331
I really don't like having everybody in one conference. Personally, I view an online dynasty more as competing for recruits and maintaining/building your program up, not simply for playing other humans.
I like the idea of split conferences, actually having like 2-3 among 3-4 conferences, that way you can have people fighting for conference championships and possibly having users going at it in the national championship game or bowl games.
Exactly!! This is basically what OD is about. You don't have to be spread out over 3-4 conferences( even though I like that as well ). It's the recruiting against humans. Playing big games against humans. Comparing stats with humans. Just interacting with humans....period. Offline dynasty, you're there, you play your game, you recruit, and then you move on to the next week. If you have an epic game, no one cares. In an OD you can share that with the members. If you beat FSU so Clemson can go to the ACC Championship, CPU Clemson isn't gonna thank you. In an OD, human Clemson would thank you. Things like that make OD waaay better. I don't think I could play offline dynasty anymore....seriously. You just gotta find a good group of guys that you fit in with. Most OD's tell what kind they are and how fast they are moving/advancing. What else do you need to know?

Last edited by splff3000; 08-06-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2009, 11:07 AM   #16
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
The purpose is to have fun with a group of guys you know and have great recruiting battles, battles for conference titles, and possible win the National Championship.

How is that strange

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »