Home

Bottom Line!

This is a discussion on Bottom Line! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #1
Banned

Geekboy's Arena

OVR: 5
Bottom Line!

I've tried to read through several threads. That being said.......compared to past years......does the game suck overall or is it an improvement?

It seems like every single year the hype leading up to the release is exciting but once the game comes out it's more negative than positive over all.

How about this year? Once again the same old thing? It seems to be embarrassing for EA Sports that the overall buyers are NOT satisfied with the game, unless I'm wrong.

With 2K the buyers were very pleased and in the majority of being positive with their purchase. Why can't this be with EA unless I'm wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Bottom Line!

This game is MUCH better than last year. It's not great, dynasty feels old, but gameplay is much, much better than last year. Sure, it's glitchy as hell, but compared to last year, it's good.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:49 PM   #3
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

Sliders are much more effective which turns a mediocre game into a good game. Still for hardcore sim gamers there are things we see and just cannot forget.

Robo QB rears its ugly head every once and a while -- even with the best slider sets, but overall the game is definitely an improvement and a step in the right direction.

My best advice -- don't read into all the issues and you won't notice half of them. Unfortunately, as soon as you read about some of the glitches and issues, you may not be able to look past some minor (albeit important) aspects of the game that can be a downer.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:50 PM   #4
Banned

SeminoleWAY's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
This game is MUCH better than last year. It's not great, dynasty feels old, but gameplay is much, much better than last year. Sure, it's glitchy as hell, but compared to last year, it's good.

That and late in games, which ever setting your on AA or Heisman, if your winning late in game, the opposing QB will all of a sudden become a All-American and can't be stopped.

To many fluke plays happen for the CPU.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:35 PM   #5
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

Pass and rush blocking are piss poor at best, even with adjusted sliders. If they could just bump that aspect of the game up to decent, I'd be very happy with the game play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2009, 10:04 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

I think it's vastly improved from last year.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:53 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Bottom Line! This game is as lame as all the other NCAA's. Its a madden port with a few extra features. Real snooze, glad I chipped in to buy this horrible game. I wish there were more football game cuz this ONE isnt doing it; neither does madden. There is a million shooter games to pick from but, only one consistently terrible football game.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:38 AM   #8
Pro

IIx Nautica xII's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive_Turkey
Bottom Line! This game is as lame as all the other NCAA's. Its a madden port with a few extra features. Real snooze, glad I chipped in to buy this horrible game. I wish there were more football game cuz this ONE isnt doing it; neither does madden. There is a million shooter games to pick from but, only one consistently terrible football game.
Give someone a platform and they will b***h about anything and everything. If you don't like the game and are not satisfied with it then don't buy it year after year, rent it first and if you like it, then buy it. Sitting there and spending the money on the game just to complain about it when you say that you don't like it year after year is the most ridiculous thing ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »