Home

Miracle comeback for win

This is a discussion on Miracle comeback for win within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #17
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Miracle comeback for win

Yeah I had a miracle win too in my offline Miss. State Dynasty. I got scheduled to travel to Death Valley, and those Tigers were number 3 in the country. I knocked them in the mouth early and raced to a 21-14 halftime lead. After a high scoring 3rd I limped into the fourth up 36-31. I score an early TD to make it 45-28 with 6min to go (I play on 7min heisman philly23 sliders). All of a sudden LSU realizes that they are LSU and goes into a**kicking mode. They score 14 quick points and trail 45-42 with 2 min to go. Even with me trying to run time they force me into a 3 and out with 1:13 left on the clock. Their next drive would remind some of "The Drive". It was very methodical, no plays where I can scream bs, just great playcalling. They march 84 yards and score a TD to put them up 49-45 with 12 seconds to play. Since their is no squib kick they had to kick it deep, next thing you know I'm racing up the sidelines for a 96yd KO return for the game winner with no time left. Can you say "greatest game I've ever played in my entire existence"? And to make it better I had CQ (An Army thing where basically you have to "babysit" those who live in the barracks) and their was a small crowd watching, their reaction was the sweet sound of victory for me.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:39 PM   #18
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy7679
Yea, CrazyOldGuy and Mad Bomber used to post over there. They aren't as active as they used to be but they sometimes post at VG.

You probably don't remember me but my handle was ThrowTheBall. That was my first real online community. I remember how we used to try and create stuff with the old PS1 play editors with formation meshing and what not. Crazy Old Guy came up with a real nice fly sweep and bubble screen.

If I remember correctly you were the father of the News-Style Dynasty reports, yes?
I remember you! Those were the days, man!! Is VG still around? I used to post there quite a bit. COG was awesome!!
Old 08-13-2009, 02:29 AM   #19
Rookie

Jeremy7679's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbacker
I remember you! Those were the days, man!! Is VG still around? I used to post there quite a bit. COG was awesome!!
Yea, the new address is maddentips[dot]com[slash]forums. Not many people post there anymore, at least not in the NCAA sections. COG posts every once in a while. His Run N Shoot thread is legendary on those forums.

I mostly post at Utopia (the imitation ncaastrategies ). Good to see you still around though. It's good to reminisce
Old 08-13-2009, 10:51 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
Yeah I had a miracle win too in my offline Miss. State Dynasty. I got scheduled to travel to Death Valley, and those Tigers were number 3 in the country. I knocked them in the mouth early and raced to a 21-14 halftime lead. After a high scoring 3rd I limped into the fourth up 36-31. I score an early TD to make it 45-28 with 6min to go (I play on 7min heisman philly23 sliders). All of a sudden LSU realizes that they are LSU and goes into a**kicking mode. They score 14 quick points and trail 45-42 with 2 min to go. Even with me trying to run time they force me into a 3 and out with 1:13 left on the clock. Their next drive would remind some of "The Drive". It was very methodical, no plays where I can scream bs, just great playcalling. They march 84 yards and score a TD to put them up 49-45 with 12 seconds to play. Since their is no squib kick they had to kick it deep, next thing you know I'm racing up the sidelines for a 96yd KO return for the game winner with no time left. Can you say "greatest game I've ever played in my entire existence"? And to make it better I had CQ (An Army thing where basically you have to "babysit" those who live in the barracks) and their was a small crowd watching, their reaction was the sweet sound of victory for me.

You are lucky to be playing while on CQ. They took all are gaming privalages away a couple years ago along with the computer. Man those nights used to be long just sitting there doing nothing. Gotta love those types of games. And to even have a small crowd is sweet. My wife is my crowd and all she does is say "oh good job".
Old 08-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had a game where I drove down and scored a TD with 40 sec. left to take the lead by 1 (as Iowa vs. Ohio State at the Shoe)!

I kicked off to Ohio Sate, and they returned it for the game-winning TD.

wow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #22
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by onionman1
I had a game where I drove down and scored a TD with 40 sec. left to take the lead by 1 (as Iowa vs. Ohio State at the Shoe)!

I kicked off to Ohio Sate, and they returned it for the game-winning TD.

wow.
WOW! Sounds exciting!
Thats tough, though, to take the lead and then to give up a KO return...but thats Ohio State for ya.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:57 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah I could not believe it! First year of my offline dynasty, and it cost me a shot at the NC. It was my only loss of the year Thanks, though - it was a great game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »