Home

The glitch that killed the online gaming for me.

This is a discussion on The glitch that killed the online gaming for me. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2009, 02:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
The glitch that killed the online gaming for me.

I'm ranked 250ish with over 150 games played 98% quick match so i've seen it all. I have turned my focus to online dynasties lately but jumped into play now waiting to advance my dynasty and found this.

This is how my opponent played his defense.

First, Quarters, no big deal, I'm already knowing my RB is gonna clown today.
But then, he backed everyone up from the line, Coverage Audible, again, no problem, I'm sitting here with the screw face wondering if it's rude to beat the brakes off a "slow" duwd. Then, the "magic" happened -

As i'm about to hike the ball, I notice he moves them back toward the LOS. When I snap the ball I get Gameplan Middle Run.

I got a chance to see just how effective this new feature was because he did the same setup EVERY SINGLE DEFENSIVE PLAY.
What shocked me was how it stopped way more than just the middle run. Because he was in Quarters, by the time the Safeties reacted to him Gameplanning wrong, they would still be in a position to challenge the outside run OR recover for pass coverage.

I still won 24-7 but my issue is this glith will soon sweep through the Gaming Community and eventually be the glitch of choice.

This glitch was basically created by the game designers once again trying to add an unrealistic feature. Why? Who actually raised their hand in a gameplay discussion meeting and said out loud "lets make it so every player on defense can move faster than their ratings to automatically stuff a play?" And who's the dummy's that said "Brilliant"

Please EA, next year, actually fix the man to man and zone coverage instead of adding a "feature" to cover it up.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 02:14 AM   #2
Rookie

gotvols's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The glitch that killed the online gaming for me.

Doesn't seem like a good glitch if you beat him 24-7. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought a glitch was something that gave someone an advantage.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:11 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 20

Yeah, I don't get it either. A game-killing glitch that a guy ran every play, but you still pounded him?
Old 08-11-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVELL
I'm ranked 250ish with over 150 games played 98% quick match so i've seen it all. I have turned my focus to online dynasties lately but jumped into play now waiting to advance my dynasty and found this.

But then, he backed everyone up from the line, Coverage Audible, again, no problem, I'm sitting here with the screw face wondering if it's rude to beat the brakes off a "slow" duwd. Then, the "magic" happened -

As i'm about to hike the ball, I notice he moves them back toward the LOS. When I snap the ball I get Gameplan Middle Run.

I got a chance to see just how effective this new feature was because he did the same setup EVERY SINGLE DEFENSIVE PLAY.
What shocked me was how it stopped way more than just the middle run. Because he was in Quarters, by the time the Safeties reacted to him Gameplanning wrong, they would still be in a position to challenge the outside run OR recover for pass coverage.

I still won 24-7 but my issue is this glith will soon sweep through the Gaming Community and eventually be the glitch of choice.

This glitch was basically created by the game designers once again trying to add an unrealistic feature. Why? Who actually raised their hand in a gameplay discussion meeting and said out loud "lets make it so every player on defense can move faster than their ratings to automatically stuff a play?" And who's the dummy's that said "Brilliant"

Please EA, next year, actually fix the man to man and zone coverage instead of adding a "feature" to cover it up.

Thanks
This happened to me! I was so pissed when I could not run the ball for more than a yard while he was spreading the cheese around. Unlike you I ended up losing!

Alex Trebek: That's not a category.

Keanu Reeves: My mistake. I shall choose Balloons for $600.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:14 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILZPWN
Yeah, I don't get it either. A game-killing glitch that a guy ran every play, but you still pounded him?
If you are good, like original poster seemed to be, it really doesn't matter what the opponent throws at you. The problem is for the thousands of other people that don't know what to do against such a gay defense.

The problem also lies on everyone will start doing it which means there is no strategy involved. It makes the game boring.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVELL

Thanks
Yes. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease! Please fix pass coverage, and blocking logic.
Old 08-11-2009, 11:27 AM   #7
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Its not a game killng glitch it you still pounded the crap out of him.
It would be a game killing glitch if you were not able to do anything to beat him while he was using it.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:59 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Its not a game killng glitch it you still pounded the crap out of him.
It would be a game killing glitch if you were not able to do anything to beat him while he was using it.
I've seen some very tough quarters defenses online, and although it may be glitchy like there are ways to beat it. But I have played good peoplewho have obviously racked up many wins using that kind of defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »