Home

Kinda wished I Kept NCAA10

This is a discussion on Kinda wished I Kept NCAA10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 06:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Kinda wished I Kept NCAA10

I traded in Call of Duty for Madden so I have both. Haven't started a franchise yet but it looks pretty good. Better graphics but a lot of the same animations and plays are in Madden so it's not that big of a jump. Either way, once NHL 2010 comes out, bye bye football games for several months.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:49 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriech23
He bought NCAA for $60 and played it for a month before trading it in for Madden for $20. He simply "rented" NCAA for basically $20 dollars over the course of a month before "buying" Madden for $60.

Anyways, I was thinking about trading NCAA in for Madden. But, once college football starts up, I'll be playing NCAA almost everyday. I only play Madden for about 2 weeks, and I'm about done because it gets quite repetitive.
Most years I would agree with you but I am so presentation starved I will be sticking with Madden at least until the fall. The NCAA bug may bite again during the bowl season???
Old 08-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #11
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Most years I would agree with you but I am so presentation starved I will be sticking with Madden at least until the fall. The NCAA bug may bite again during the bowl season???
Presentation is huge for me, and Madden has that, but after reading about some of the bugs and other things that happen throughout the game, it sounds as bad or worse than NCAA right now. I think I'll wait, like someone else said, and get NHL 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 12:45 AM   #12
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

I played about 2 games of madden (my roomie rented it) and while i played competitive game, I wasnt feeling it as much as NCAA (presentation or no)

Maybe I only played 2 cuz I lost with my Bucs? and they suck? IDK...lol im playin.

Anyway my point is presentation or not, its about what one is fun, bugs, glitches, robo qb's or not...if sliders help make a game more fun, thats what they put em in there for.
Knowing I'm much more into college ball than pro ball, i was down with my roomie renting it before i bought it (I usually have little patience) and I'm glad he did cuz now if he wants it he can buy it. I'm sticking with NCAA.

The thought of trading it in had crossed my mind, but i held off figuring id wait and see what "glitches" were posted on here first and play a little first. Now maybe its cuz I'm a lil old school, but i think back to the days of Tecmo Superbowl...cmon now that game was "glitchy" (OMG QB Eagles, thats not a real player!)...and I LOVED IT! Zig zag to avoid tackles, get chased down by D-Linemen. BUT IT WAS SOOOOO AWESOME! I wish I had an NES still, instead ive got a crappy FC Twin, and it doesnt feel the same. I moved up to a Gamecube (of course had the other nintendo systems, and playstation 1 in between) and got NCAA 05...my god that game was GREAT! I played that still even after NCAA 07 was out on PS2.

Anyway I guess I'm just sayin Don't Believe the Hype. Good or Bad. I enjoy my NCAA 10, even with them taking out some of the best things i loved about that game. I just play with what I'm dealt. And of course thats just my opinion, I'm not forcing it on anyone, and no one has to read this...

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 08-17-2009, 04:24 AM   #13
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

They definitely play different styles of football. I am glad I kept both. After patches, I think they will both be pretty great games..

Now if we can make them great WITHOUT patches next year. Boy, it would be so nice to play these games at full functionality out of the box on day one!

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 08-17-2009, 05:54 AM   #14
Rookie

gotvols's Arena

OVR: 3

<----- is laughing his *** off because he knew people would be like why did I trade NCAA in for this.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:59 AM   #15
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotvols
<----- is laughing his *** off because he knew people would be like why did I trade NCAA in for this.
Lol, yeah I know. With a few patches I'm hoping Madden gets better. Maybe I'll pick up NCAA again later on used.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 12

I know I don't get top dollar but i usually don't trade football games until basketball games come out.

NCAA is a good game. Madden looks beautiful but honestly that's the only place it beats NCAA in my opinion.

NCAA does a few things better than Madden that really stand out and are important to me.

1. Tackling. Yeah, I know, no pro-tak, no 9 man gang tackles but, you don't get those "hugging" tackles either. Madden has some really soft tackles.

2. Pursuit. Madden still has the "lock and trail". Defenders run at the ball carrier so they can get behind the ball carrier and chase. NCAA does a better job of cutting off.

3. WR aggressiveness. Simple. Receivers go for the ball more realistically. Madden receivers go over the shoulder way too often when going up for the ball at it's highest point would make much more sense.

They're essentially the same game but, NCAA is smoother on the field.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »