Home

A new low for NCAA football

This is a discussion on A new low for NCAA football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2009, 11:31 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: A new low for NCAA football

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedrumsdw
This timeout problem goes hand in hand with the fact that games this year can end on a defensive penalty, just pathetic.
Yes I had that happen to me the other day. How in the world EA ships a college football game with basic rules screwed up like the game not ending on a defensive penalty is beyond me. What exactly are the paying their testers for again?

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 08-18-2009, 01:41 AM   #10
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmoneyH3
I'm down 3, I have the ball at the 1yrd line after a run..I wait until 3 secs left and start tapping select for timeout ( I have 1 left)..it's not registering so I panic and pause and try to call one from the main menu..nope it is faded out..so I lose..eff that. I haven't restarted once this year or last, but I am and I am pissed off I missed out on overtime.
If I didn't love college football with a passion, I wouldn't waste my time with it..
I hear you on that. I couldn't tell you how many times I've become infuriated at the computer making a complete mockery of the laws of physics and probability. Yet I keep playing for pure love of college football. I've never had that particular situation happen to me though. Closest is when my QB won't throw the ball no matter how many times I mash the button. One time a few years ago I was Pitt and playing Notre Dame in what was up to that point a very tight game. I was in the red zone shortly before the half and didn't have any TO left but had time for a passing play with either a quick throw or throwing it away to stop the clock. Well, there was nothing open so I started hitting L2 to throw the ball away, must've hit it 5 times and my QB refused to throw it and I ended up getting sacked and the half ended. I ended up winning the game anyway.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:59 AM   #11
Rookie

armagedn's Arena

OVR: 2

same thing happened to me except it was a game winning FG. I went to OT and lost on a FG return
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 01:00 PM   #12
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyC5252
Dont put yourself in that kind of situation. Just hurry up and score. If your down points, your shouldnt be draining clock.
+1

Quote:
This timeout problem goes hand in hand with the fact that games this year can end on a defensive penalty, just pathetic.
i know what you should do.
quit playing.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #13
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
+1

i know what you should do.
quit playing.
Thanks for the laughs

Don't play the game like a real football game, leave time for the CPU to return a kickoff to win, sounds great advice heeded.

Last edited by stevedrumsdw; 08-18-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #14
Rookie

Buckstopshere's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Thanks for the laughs

Don't play the game like a real football game, leave time for the CPU to return a kickoff to win, sounds great advice heeded.
You're probably several steps ahead of me on this but FWIW the RB ability and RB blocking sliders on BOTH human and CPU sides greatly affects special teams play to an insane degree.

If I leave the CPU sliders alone at default 50 and turn the human slider up to even 65 or 70...BOTH my team and the CPU run a hell of a lot of kickoffs back for TDs.

The sliders are better this year but they are not 100 percent "fixed." That may be factoring in to some of what I'm seeing in this thread.

No way I'll ever turn those sliders past 50 for either human or CPU ever again.

Last edited by Buckstopshere; 08-18-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:40 PM   #15
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan81
I hear you on that. I couldn't tell you how many times I've become infuriated at the computer making a complete mockery of the laws of physics and probability. Yet I keep playing for pure love of college football.

Last night in an online dynasty game against the CPU, I was down by 2 late in the game to a higher-rated opponent, drove downfield to my opponent's 14 with :03 on the clock and the ball in the center of the field, and I called a TO. Then the CPU team called all three of its TOs in a row (serious). I lined up for the winning FG try--it was raining but there was little wind and kicks had been going straight all game. Not this time. I had the kick go with high power and the accuracy bar was perfectly vertical; this should have been right down the middle. But at the goalline, the kick took a magical 90-degree turn to the right and fell dead in the back of the endzone! So I lost. I've been playing NCAA for over a decade now and this was easily the single cheapest play I have ever had happen to me in this game.

I'm used to the normal cheap stuff, like the fact that a CPU defensive tackle picked off a pass and outraced my entire offense 70 yards for a TD. That stuff has happened for years, and though cheap and unrealistic, I'm used to it and it happens. But this FG thing was absolutely insane, and really made me hate this game. It's just plain not fun when crap like that can happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 04:52 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 6

once again im 160.00 ahead just by not buying any ea football for another year !!!

then again i keep thinking they might turn something out sooner or later....but not any more, my only hope now rests with any other company besides ea for football.
ea just give up on the football already!!

i am sorry to hear of the problems though guys.
solution dont buy anymore ea football period!!! at least thats my solution.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »