Home

A new low for NCAA football

This is a discussion on A new low for NCAA football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 04:56 PM   #17
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: A new low for NCAA football

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddawg60
once again im 160.00 ahead just by not buying any ea football for another year !!!

then again i keep thinking they might turn something out sooner or later....but not any more, my only hope now rests with any other company besides ea for football.
ea just give up on the football already!!

i am sorry to hear of the problems though guys.
solution dont buy anymore ea football period!!! at least thats my solution.
Yeah, I think I'm done after this. Sports gaming has been my #1 thing for several years, but after the travesties of MLB 2K8, NCAA 09, Madden XX, MLB 2K9 (maybe the worst game ever), NCAA 10, and now Madden 10, I think I'm done for good. Two straight years of nothing but crappy games has me angry and $360 in the hole. Maybe I'll go back to RPGs or something.

Sure love those exclusive agreements! Though has anybody thought what better shape we might be in had each company gotten the exclusive rights for the sport it was best at? EA's MVP Baseball > 2K, and NFL 2K5 > Madden, so what if EA had gotten the baseball license and 2K had gotten the football license? Why did we get stuck with the worst possible outcome here?

Last edited by TimLawNYC; 08-18-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:58 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddawg60
once again im 160.00 ahead just by not buying any ea football for another year !!!

then again i keep thinking they might turn something out sooner or later....but not any more, my only hope now rests with any other company besides ea for football.
ea just give up on the football already!!

i am sorry to hear of the problems though guys.
solution dont buy anymore ea football period!!! at least thats my solution.
EA football is better than no football though.. Thats why we resort to it.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:05 PM   #19
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyC5252
Dont put yourself in that kind of situation. Just hurry up and score. If your down points, your shouldnt be draining clock.
Considering how EA loves the 4th quarter heriocs, I find it a mistake to leave the CPU any time.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:11 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiMbEcK11
EA football is better than no football though.. Thats why we resort to it.
nahh i just play some of the football games from back a few years with updated rosters.

but i do think u hit the nail on the head, these companys know that a certain amount of ppl will buy these games every year no matter what....now if all of a sudden 30% of those ppl said no way...then just maybe then something good might come of it.

but to each their own and who am i to tell others not to buy...thats just how i run my gaming per se.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #21
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

dang, I thought it was maybe just my controller acting up, but I guess not. I've tried to call timeouts late in games with the clock running down and it doesnt register.

How in the freak does this type of error even get into these games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 11:07 PM   #22
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckstopshere
You're probably several steps ahead of me on this but FWIW the RB ability and RB blocking sliders on BOTH human and CPU sides greatly affects special teams play to an insane degree.

If I leave the CPU sliders alone at default 50 and turn the human slider up to even 65 or 70...BOTH my team and the CPU run a hell of a lot of kickoffs back for TDs.

The sliders are better this year but they are not 100 percent "fixed." That may be factoring in to some of what I'm seeing in this thread.

No way I'll ever turn those sliders past 50 for either human or CPU ever again.
I can't help the stupid computer run anymore without being able to turn their run block up. GT had 30 carries for 45 yards or something against my UVA defense no way.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:09 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 5

Not trying to trash anyone or EA, but I often wonder if the developers of this game even watch/attend football games. I say that only because, almost every year, the basic fundamentals/rules of the game are trashed.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:12 PM   #24
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftball11
Not trying to trash anyone or EA, but I often wonder if the developers of this game even watch/attend football games. I say that only because, almost every year, the basic fundamentals/rules of the game are trashed.
I am quite often left wondering that myself, especially in regard to the developers of the NASCAR games. I swear they've never so much as seen a NASCAR race. One thing I've been particularly noticing in this years NCAA Football for PS2 is a lot of blocks in the back which is of course illegal yet there has never been a "block in the back" penalty in the game. It really should be in the game considering its one of the most common penalties seen on kick/punt returns and its presence would probably cut down on the number of returns for touchdowns that occur in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »